Suggestions for a gaming console

prime

Skilled
Hi,

I need gaming console suggestions for my 12y girl child.

I have absolutely ZERO interest and ZERO knowledge in gaming. Last I bought a PS3 in 2011 and sold it after a few months.

My kid saw someone playing Xbox with motion controller (kinect???) and got fascinated with it.

It will be just a trial so I don't want to spend much on this and would like to buy a used one. I think I can spare 15-20k for this trial. Good 80-90% chances are she will not continue playing it. If she continues to enjoy it for few months I will buy a new one. I can spend additional amount for motion controllers.

Please suggest console (PS4/Xbox), controllers, games (or membership), price, known issues, etc.

There are few consoles for sale here on TE and IVG. If the suggested console is priced higher, you can send me a PM so that seller is not annoyed. :cool:

BTW, it will be connected to a 75" 4K TV (Mi QLED).

Last edited:
If I may suggest an alternative,
You can try scoring a Wii with 2 motion controllers. It is a lot of fun to play Wii Sports games like Bowling, Boxing and Golf. Plus there are a couple of good titles that you and your loved can can play together.

Edit - The console and the controllers together can be bought for sub 3-4K and can be easily soft-modded to sideload homebrew titles.

P.S. - I bought this as a home console a couple of months ago for family, friends and guests to use and they all absolutely loved it.

I was going to suggest Xbox Series S and getting a Gamepass Ultimate subscription but I saw your TV is a 75" 4K TV. Xbox Series S can only do up 1440p and that won't look good on your TV.

I was going to suggest Xbox Series S and getting a Gamepass Ultimate subscription but I saw your TV is a 75" 4K TV. Xbox Series S can only do up 1440p and that won't look good on your TV.
Thanks. I don't mind 1440p (or even 1080p) for this trial. Can we add motion controller to Xbox Series S?

Any idea, what should be the price of a used Xbox Series S? Where can I find one?

As already suggested by @imran_chennai , i will also suggest you to invest in a WII with motion sensors. They are the most wonderful consoles for kids and guests.

Besides costing way less than other consoles , I think the console and the games are tailored made for novice and casual gamers our there.

You can try scoring a Wii with 2 motion controllers. It is a lot of fun to play Wii Sports games like Bowling, Boxing and Golf. Plus there are a couple of good titles that you and your loved can can play together.

Edit - The console and the controllers together can be bought for sub 3-4K and can be easily soft-modded to sideload homebrew titles.
As already suggested by @imran_chennai , i will also suggest you to invest in a WII with motion sensors. They are the most wonderful consoles for kids and guests.

Besides costing way less than other consoles , I think the console and the games are tailored made for novice and casual gamers our there.
Thank you guys.

Can you suggest from where can I buy WII with 2 motion controllers?

Thank you guys.

Can you suggest from where can I buy WII with 2 motion controllers?
Your best bet is OLX.

Check your local areas for Wii. Most people will list it for more than 7k. But use your negotiation skills there and you can get it under 4k. Best option is to visit their place and check before purchasing. But if you are unable to visit sellers place then do at least a demonstration via video call. BUT you need to extra cautious via dealing on OLX.

And try to deal in person and after verifying everything on OLX. Best of luck. And happy gaming to the little kiddo. :)

Back