Budget 90k+ Suggestions for a gaming PC build

i was wondering with all the posts about PSU power for future proof, can't we accomodate 2 PSUs for 500Ws or 600W, in to the CABINET and make use of it, what will be the consequences having such a setup. coz Future CPU, GPU will eat as many watts like say 350W each, so 700Ws for just CPU and GPU itself, having said that, instead of going for 1 SMPS of 1.2KW , y can't we have double SMPS in one cabinet.
People do run it, but as you can guess, a typical cabinet doesn't fit multiple PSUs. One could keep the extra PSU somewhere else. Multiple PSUs was the way to run initial amateur mining rigs, until specialized PSUs were available "cheaply" (around 2 kW power). Even earlier, people with crazy SLI / CrossFire setups used to run multiple PSUs - I remember certain pins need to be shorted on the motherboard connector of the PSU that is not directly connected to the motherboard.

i was wondering with all the posts about PSU power for future proof, can't we accomodate 2 PSUs for 500Ws or 600W, in to the CABINET and make use of it, what will be the consequences having such a setup. coz Future CPU, GPU will eat as many watts like say 350W each, so 700Ws for just CPU and GPU itself, having said that, instead of going for 1 SMPS of 1.2KW , y can't we have double SMPS in one cabinet.
It is possible. There are few cabinets which readily support dual PSUs.
Lian Li 011 is one such example.

I'm using dual Psu setup since 18yrs now. But gone are the days of it as cabinets today believe in compact neat designs dumping such setups. Only selective high towers still have it but the cases are too heavy and come at a cost!

Back