Suggestions for a Good Cabinet

Hi Guys,

Which is a better cabinet.

Corsair OBSIDIAN 800D

Cooler Master Cosmos S

Cooler Master ATCS 840

Lian-Li PC-80

or any other suggestions for a good cabinet in the similar categories.

Check out the New Corsair 600T Granite, looks cool and built like a tank, heres a link, hope this helps :)

others are the upped Corsair 700D
Cooler Master HAF X

Corsair Graphite 600T Mid Tower Case Video Review

Corsair Obsidian 700D Full Tower Case Video Review

Cooler Master HAF-X Full Tower Case Video Review

Another link that might help, I don't know about their availability in India though

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/bitfenix-colossus-full-tower-case-review/6/

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/

The LiLi PC-A71F is also a pretty good full tower. The all Alu. construction makes it corrosive resistant and a seemingly better buy. Been using a PC-A71F over a year and I can vouch for it. :)

Is there any specifics you are looking for in these full towers? Like removable motherboard tray, support for E-ATX boards et al?

Antec sucks when compared to these cases. I would go with the A77 or the ATCS 840. The advantage that the Corsair has is the side window, but looks wise, these two look better to me.

mav2000 said:
Antec sucks when compared to these cases.

Its better than that plastic can that's for sure :p. Besides I own a A70f and seen few antec 1200 being used/assembled. The thumbscrews on my lian li started to corrode and the point chipped off a bit. I really don't like the thumbscrew for securing the mobo on the case.

I prefer steel cases in the long run. Wouldn't really consider side window being an advantage- some like, others hate it (especially with the blue LED lights).

What is your budget Quad Master?

Will you be using water-cooling?

For now, if you can afford it and it's available too, Obsidian 800D for sure. :)

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions.

But isn't the obsidian 800D steel cabinet so how is the cooling inside it.

The HAFX also looks good and i liked the ATCS 840 coz it has a removable mobo tray , and everything else perfect as i wanted.

Budget is not an issue , if something is worth the price buy it.

Quad Master said:
It's a fight between HAF X and ATCS 840

Is the HAF X available in mumbai by anychance.
Ask at Prime ABGB I've heard it is the best place on Lamington Road, personally I've seen the HAF-X here in Bangalore where I study available at Golccha and Ankit Computers :)

stormblast said:
before deciding the cabinet. what exactly is your rig & requirement going to be?
Gigabyte ud3p core2duo e8400 4850hd 5hdds corsair 750 psu

i know its not that gr8 a config but i want a future proof cabinet which can house all my later upgrades.

Quad Master said:
Gigabyte ud3p core2duo e8400 4850hd 5hdds corsair 750 psu

i know its not that gr8 a config but i want a future proof cabinet which can house all my later upgrades.
just go for the nzxt tempest evo. it sells for 5700.

stormblast said:
just go for the nzxt tempest evo. it sells for 5700.
+1 for the Evo. I've seen one in person and can vouch for myself. The bundled fans perform quite well too. Although it may certainly not be in the leagues of the LiLi full towers which will let you play around with a whole lot of space inside, this enclosure is well worth the 5.7k price tag.

I think the obsidian should be pretty future proof even if u wanna go water cooling later... so what if its heavy ?? its stable and quiet and looks amazing...

varunversion1 said:
I think the obsidian should be pretty future proof even if u wanna go water cooling later... so what if its heavy ?? its stable and quiet and looks amazing...
Bro for the price tag and usage of this guy the NZXT Tempest is a better buy, the Obsidian is much more expensive + most people don't use all the features provided, but the Obsidian series and Graphite by Corsair are really praiseworthy fot the innovations they have come up with :)

Back