PC Peripherals Suggestions for a low budget full ATX HTPC case

ch@ts

Skilled
I need a full ATX case that I can use horizontally, and one that looks simple and sober. And if possible one that is quiet, and dust free as well.
I'd like to spend as little as possible, preferably under Rs.2000.

I was looking at the Cooler Master Elite 361. It costs a little more than I want to spend, and it isn't available online at any of the big retailers.

Are there any other cases that are similar, and where can I get them? I live in Pune.

Thanks for reading.

I need a full ATX case that I can use horizontally, and one that looks simple and sober. And if possible one that is quiet, and dust free as well.
I'd like to spend as little as possible, preferably under Rs.2000.

I was looking at the Cooler Master Elite 361. It costs a little more than I want to spend, and it isn't available online at any of the big retailers.

Are there any other cases that are similar, and where can I get them? I live in Pune.

Thanks for reading.

CM 360/361 are your best bets. I have been looking for a ATX HTPC cabinet, and these are the cheapest ones, unless you can find some local make which fits your needs in the market shops.

CM 360/361 have issues regarding cabling, and space limitations, so ensure you read enough reviews before taking a decision.

I think the CM 361 looks a lot better than the 360.
I know the cabinets are a bit cramped, but that can't be helped in a small case.

The price on ITdepot is the lowest - Rs.2150 (but shipping costs) + 400 shipping (surface) or 800 (air)

ITwares - approx Rs.3000 including Rs.100 for COD.

SMC Rs.2750 including shipping

Is the ITDepot reliable?
Does anyone have any experience with any of these retailers?

The price on ITdepot is the lowest - Rs.2150 (but shipping costs) + 400 shipping (surface) or 800 (air)
ITwares - approx Rs.3000 including Rs.100 for COD.
SMC Rs.2750 including shipping
Is the ITDepot reliable?
Does anyone have any experience with any of these retailers?

I have good experience with all the 3 retailers. You can go ahead with anyone suitable to your requirements.

I ordered the elite 361 from ITdepot.
They said 7 working days for delivery...I chose the cheapest option which was still 421 bucks!

The case came yesterday afternoon, in 6 days. The IT depot guys did a really good job of packing it.
It's not as rigid and as nice looking as I'd expected, but it is compact, and managed to fit in 3 HDD's and an ATX motherboard with ease. It came with a 12cm fan, and is relatively quiet.

I'm thinking about sticking some foam/cardboard to the interior of the panels to reduce noise further. Is that safe?

^^Congratulation on your purchase and finally getting your hand on it. When you are sticking/putting foam/similar material, will airflow be affected ? Do keep check on that.

The case came yesterday afternoon, in 6 days. The IT depot guys did a really good job of packing it.
It's not as rigid and as nice looking as I'd expected, but it is compact, and managed to fit in 3 HDD's and an ATX motherboard with ease. It came with a 12cm fan, and is relatively quiet.

I'm thinking about sticking some foam/cardboard to the interior of the panels to reduce noise further. Is that safe?

What is the noise you are getting? If its HDD or the PSU, you need dampners.

Back