Suggestions for a new PC..:)

Hey guys I have decided to buy a budget gaming PC. I havent been following the market for some time now, so I dont know what will be best VFM.I just needed advice for Motherboard, CPU and a soundcard.
Things I allready have, bought--
Gfx--XFX 5850
Power supply- OCZ stealth extreme 600 watt 4 rails with 18 amps each.( Will that be enough).
Speakers-- Logitech Z 5500.
LCD--- I will use my current LG 47LD450 TV as the monitor. I dont intend to use this for web surfing. Only gaming and movies.
Mouse-- Razer mamba
Harddrives-

Things I need suggestions for(AMD System Socket AM3)-- Intel is too expensive.

Mother board-- budget board around 100$ AM3 socket ddr3 1600-- Should be able to do some overclocking and voltage change. Whatever I can do with air cooling.
CPU -- Budget Approx 130$-- I have checked phenom 2 x3, phenom 2 x4 925. Give your suggestions. I dont know which is better.
RAM-- 4 gigs(2x2) 100-110 $
Cabinet-- budget 50-70$
Sound card-- which goes well with my Z5500.(I have no idea).
Keyboard-- Budget 50$

Edit-- Also need a Bluray drive I saw a few in Newegg in price range of 60-90$. Any suggestions which is better? Liton, Samsung, Lg???
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=598&name=Blu-Ray-Drives&Order=PRICE
If you can provide a newegg or amazon link to the product.IT would be great.

Thanks

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Get the 95 w X4 945. Its just $8 more than the 925 and worth the extra bucks.

GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H || GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H (both have USB 3.0 and SATA 3 ports. $95 for mATX and $105 for ATX)

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL $107. Decent pair of 1600MHz 4GB kit.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Decent cabby for $55

Ya ur PSU is more than enough for your config :)

Thanks for replying.
I checked th same Ram yesterday. Most probably I will buy it. Both the boards look good.Any idea how good they are for Ocing. For the CPU I wanted to know if there is any difference between black edition and this one(Deneb). Is the multiplier unlocked, So I can OC it?

Dr.ashish said:
Thanks for replying.

I checked th same Ram yesterday. Most probably I will buy it. Both the boards look good.Any idea how good they are for Ocing. For the CPU I wanted to know if there is any difference between black edition and this one(Deneb). Is the multiplier unlocked, So I can OC it?

Yup BE editions have unlocked multiplier. Get a 95w 955BE for good O.C results. But that costs $159.99. Its slightly higher than ur budget.

Then I will go for 955 BE.Are the Boards you suggested good of overclocking? I dont need to do a lot of ocing just whaever I can get on air cooling.

buddingwhizkid said:
get gigabyte mobo with copper pcb ! ive heard they are good but dont know much :p
Correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't all the PCBs Copper etched ? :|

I'm guessing you are referring to the dual layered , 2 ounce version of the GB Mobo

yup that whts im reffering to !

and arent the prices on newegg not the same as indian market ?

i did the same mistake ! configured my whole pc from newegg which came out to be 800$ but was like 45k at nehru place !

so i think the prices provide you a fair idea but you cant rely on them 100% eyes closed ! :)

Back