PC Peripherals Suggestions for a Printer

TheMask said:
HP Deskjet 1360 @ 1.7k is cheaper. :p

two things -

1) not sure if that model is still available (cudn't find it on their website)

2) doc said prices for HP cartridges are insane :p

The prices (as quoted exclusive of all taxes) -

HP DeskJet D1360 - Rs. 2000
HP DeskJet D2360 - Rs. 2200
Canon Pixma iP1880 - Rs. 2000

Cartridges (BL/CL) for Canon are available at 900/1000 and HP are available for 650/750 which contradicts Doc's post. :p To top that, compatible cartridges for Canon i1880 model are not available yet. Still picked up the Canon b'coz of its killer looks, black color and the fact that I've never used a Canon printer b4. :p Now whenever I need to replace those Canon cartridges, I'll go ahead and buy a new printer as that will come out cheaper (assuming AMKETTE doesn't come up with compatible cartridges for this model by that time). :rofl:

Big thanks to everyone who helped me out. :hap2:

Nice buy... Do a review on it.. Could be a great budget buy for people here. Also, tell us wats the economy on it.. Though i guess you can do that only much later :p

Congratulations! :hap2:
ApeX said:
Now whenever I need to replace those Canon cartridges, I'll go ahead and buy a new printer as that will come out cheaper (assuming AMKETTE doesn't come up with compatible cartridges for this model by that time). :rofl:

naa.. the new printers (almost all) come with half yield cartridges. meaning u wud get half as many prints as from a new cartridge :p so, the funda of buying a new printer doesnt make much sense :p

Look out for Amkette or other 'compatible' carts.. or perhaps u cud give refilling a shot ;)

Thanks. I hope they come up with compatible cartridges soon enough.

As for the review, umm.....'ll think. Too busy (lazy) to do a review now. :p

Back