PC Peripherals Suggestions for existing computer setup,please?

freenam

Disciple
Hello to all,
I've got the following setup:
Processor : core2duo quad core Q6600(not oc)
Motherboard : Asus P5KPL-VM
RAM : Transcend 2x2GB 800 Mhz DDR2
DVD ROM Drive : Sony DVD combo
DVD RAM Drive : Samsung
Floppy Drive : Sony 3.5
Monitor : LG 15" LCD bought it 6 yrs back.
I needed to buy a graphics card for the following setup. I was thinking of buying a Radeon 4770 or a GTX 260. Now, Another thing is that there would be PSU required isn't it? I'm running on a tight budget. I don't play too many games, but now I thought I'd upgrade as i wanted to play Crysis :D budget together is <10k as of now.
Off the point: My monitor doesn't display the content perfectly at times, it appears blurry and when i do an auto adjust then it resizes to a size smaller, more specifically an inch towards the left and it appears properly. I'm attributing it to a PSU or a graphics card as the problem or is just a connector problem with the motherboard?
thanks in advance,
any help - appreciated :eek:hyeah:

A single 260 costs nearly 11k :p Already out of your budget.

Anyway,

Buying a 4770 or a gtx 260 and using it in a 15" resolution will be a massive waste of gpu potential.

Get yourself a 19"/22" monitor before going for crazy graphics cards. If you are planning on a monitor upgrade possibly a 19 incher,

Get 4770 + CM RP 460/Vx450.

@GamerX
Thanks for the reply, I'll be upgrading my monitor as soon as it conks out as it will it's already 6 yrs old may last for a couple of years i guess. Also, I don't upgrade my components regularly. So I'll be looking forward to the future. Could you please give me an indication as to what the price would be?
P.S:I've just shifted to Pune, I don't know where the computer market is. I asked one computer cyber cafe owner who was acting as an intermediate and he told me that the 4770 isn't available :O Anyone know any good dealers in Pune?

^2years ? :lol: That's a clear waste of money if your still intent on using it on a 15"

I asked one computer cyber cafe owner who was acting as an intermediate and he told me that the 4770 isn't available

Don't ask through those guys, they are mostly noobs and they will have their share of money if ur buying through them. Better ask guys from pune and ask for prices/availability directly from the dealer or you can buy it from mediahome here on TE. :D

I know. But it'll need to wait till it conks out, I bought it to last!
I'm unable to get anyone in Pune to reply!!! Mediahome doesn't have the 4770 listed.
Just another thing, would keeping the stock PSU of 450W not run the GPU? How would Zebtronics or Cooler Master do?

Just reasoning out a bit.

Dont underestimate those CRT war horses. They will last way more than 6 years. :p

By the time you upgrade the monitor, and begin to enjoy the graphics, any card you buy now would have become obsolete. Wont buying a graphics card now be a complete waste?
I would buy a monitor, which wont go obsolete for years, now and a card to game on it later.

Still up to you though. Just sharing my thoughts.

@Shaunak
I can understand that. Hopefully the GPU will last longer than I expect. But do you have any suggestions as to which GPU other than the 4770 as that's not available anywhere?!

Back