Suggestions for Gigabit N Router & USB adapter

tvarad

Disciple
I want to network two computers to share HDTV content and the pokey BSNL 802.11G router just doesn't cut it. So I want to buy a N router with gigabit switch and two N USB adapters so that I can consistently get over 250 mbps over the wireless network. I could go the Katmandude route and order them from Newegg, but can I save the effort and buy them locally on SP Road, Bangalore? If so, can someone suggest any particular models, street price and a store to pick it up from?

Thanks in advance.

The Linksys WRT310N is a pretty decent router for N series plus gigabit. There's an updated version, the WRT320N, which is launched. Don't know if it's available in India yet. There's also the WRT610N, which is a simultaneous dual band router with gigabit and a USB port for a NAS storage. The WRT310/320 aren't simultaneous dual band. They can either transmit on the 2.4Ghz band or the 5Ghz band. The 610N can do both simultaneously. For the adapters there, the WUSB600N. They can connect on either the 2.4Ghz band or the 5Ghz band.

Not 100% sure on the pricing, but I think superczar was quoted 8 or 9k for the WRT610N locally. Guess the WRT320N will be maybe 5 or 6k. The adapters should be maybe 3 or 4k. I'm even less sure about the prices of the adapters than I am about the routers!

Back