suggestions for new Power supply for new gfx

hello people .. i am planning to buy a ATI Radeon 57/58 series

so please suggest a psu for following config :

Q6600
P5q3 deluxe wifi ap
2gb ddr 3 1333 g skill
ati radeon 57/58 series (going to buy that)
3 tb hardisk (3*1tb)
HAF 932
mouse/keyboard

im currently on COOLER MASTER 600w extreme power

thanks a ton :)

For ATI HD57XX series your current PSU is OK. But 58XX you should get Corsair VX550 or CM Real Power 550w. The CM Extreme Power plus series is not that good & I have heard people having problem with it after a year or so, besides the quality is not as good as CM Real Power or Corsair ones.

yea dude thats why updating my psu .. bought it for temporary basis but its been quite a while and i havent faced any problems till now .. approx 9-10 months ago

well brother if u want a pur powerful psu go for tagan bz800 its sleek, preety and could take on my present rig without minus one 480...so u can imagine the sheer power it has

thanks a ton guys for your suggestions :) .. i am mostly opting for 5770 .. this psu of mine is working perfectly fine till date :p !!! some guys are suggesting 600w extreme can handle 57 series .. so should i wait till i get few more drives and rams to update psu or should i update it now !!

get 5770 with the drives itll handle all that :)

btw i read on the internet that a guy is running q660 with a gtx 285 on 600w extreme from the past 1 year !

and i think 5850 power consumption is =< gtx 285 ! so you can even go for it ! im not very sure though ! :)

buddingwhizkid said:
get 5770 with the drives itll handle all that :)
btw i read on the internet that a guy is running q660 with a gtx 285 on 600w extreme from the past 1 year !
and i think 5850 power consumption is =< gtx 285 ! so you can even go for it ! im not very sure though ! :)
wow that sounds good .. :)

Dude, don't compromise on PSU & just go for Corsair VX550 for the HD 5850. I have heard that it is capable of 600+ watts o/p

:( was thinking of vx 550 only .. will have to find out the details of 5850 .. i heard that it consumes less power than 57 series !!! (thats what my friend with 5850 told me)

The OP missed stating basic points and no one else asked before playing 'Guru, Guru'? :S

Like this guy here-

buddingwhizkid said:

ISHROCZ_14 said:
wow that sounds good .. :)

:rofl:

Ohh- you read it on the internet mr.buddingwhiz? Where would that be- ilke a tiny 1" square on your screen? and we are in La La Land i guess?

Screwed up logic + suggestion to GO FOR IT + stating not sure at the end (to play it safe in case of a mishap)

If that sounds so good mr.ishrock, why don't you hang on to your CM600. :p

ISHROCZ_14 -

(1) What's your budget?

(2) Have you decided which gfx card and which one would that be?

Just saying 57/58 series is stupid.

You have to decide the card before you decide the psu.

Else you may get the cheapest psu you can afford and later get the most expensive card you can buy and blame the people here for any disaster that may happen.

Are you very sure you will stick to your decision of buying a 5770 and not get something higher?

(3) Are you going to run any components OCed?

(4) What's your upgrade plan for the next 6-9 months aprt from the gfx card now?

Only if you answer these, can one suggest something appropriate. :)

haraakiri said:
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Conclusions

Why manufacturers like Cooler Master are still carrying power supplies with fake wattages is a mystery to us. We know that this is a very low-end power supply, but this doesn’t give the manufacturer the right to lie. This unit should be labeled as a 450 W unit and sold for half of its price. Being labeled as a 600 W product and sold for USD 70, it is a complete rip-off.

If you pull more than 450 W from this product it will offer real risk to your computer, plus it presents a lousy efficiency between 69.2% and 77.6%.

ISHROCZ_14 said:
yea dude thats why updating my psu .. bought it for temporary basis but its been quite a while and i havent faced any problems till now .. approx 9-10 months ago

ISHROCZ_14 said:
thanks a ton guys for your suggestions :) .. i am mostly opting for 5770 .. this psu of mine is working perfectly fine till date :p !!! some guys are suggesting 600w extreme can handle 57 series .. so should i wait till i get few more drives and rams to update psu or should i update it now !!

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/corsair-vx-450w-vs-coolermaster-extreme-128757.html

16-04-2008 :cool2:

A lot of reputed reviewers have stated that the Corsair units are very conservatively rated.

If one were to follow CM's rule of rebadging a known not so efficient 500watter as 600W, then maybe the VX450 can easily be badged as a 550-600W unit. :p

And maybe Corsair, as per their standards, will call the CM600 a 400W unit, if they make a not so efficient, not so good quality psu i.e.. :rofl:

do one thing brother go to corsair or cooler master website they have wattage calculator fill your needs they`ll tell you right psu for you.

go for vx 550 !

and by no means was i telling you to go for a 5850 without upgrading your psu !

i was sharing what i read on the internet ! dont know why some people poke their nose in anything and everything !

BIKeINSTEIN said:
The OP missed stating basic points and no one else asked before playing 'Guru, Guru'? :S
Like this guy here-
:rofl:
Ohh- you read it on the internet mr.buddingwhiz? Where would that be- ilke a tiny 1" square on your screen? and we are in La La Land i guess?
Screwed up logic + suggestion to GO FOR IT + stating not sure at the end (to play it safe in case of a mishap)
If that sounds so good mr.ishrock, why don't you hang on to your CM600. :p

ISHROCZ_14 -
(1) What's your budget?
(2) Have you decided which gfx card and which one would that be?
Just saying 57/58 series is stupid.
You have to decide the card before you decide the psu.
Else you may get the cheapest psu you can afford and later get the most expensive card you can buy and blame the people here for any disaster that may happen.
Are you very sure you will stick to your decision of buying a 5770 and not get something higher?
(3) Are you going to run any components OCed?
(4) What's your upgrade plan for the next 6-9 months aprt from the gfx card now?

Only if you answer these, can one suggest something appropriate. :)

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/corsair-vx-450w-vs-coolermaster-extreme-128757.html
no offence but :) dude bike .. please read the replies .. i have confirmed that im going to purchase 5850 :) and have kept my old psu for sale :)

Back