suggestions for new Power supply for new gfx

buddingwhizkid said:
well your query should be on

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buyin...ply-unit-recommendation-thread-155724-17.html

but IMO this psu will handle those cards !

buddingwhizkid said:
get 5770 with the drives itll handle all that :)

btw i read on the internet that a guy is running q660 with a gtx 285 on 600w extreme from the past 1 year !

and i think 5850 power consumption is =< gtx 285 !
so you can even go for it ! im not very sure though ! :)

buddingwhizkid said:
go for vx 550 !

and by no means was i telling you to go for a 5850 without upgrading your psu !

Yeah, right. :|

buddingwhizkid said:
i was sharing what i read on the internet !

Source please. :)

And even then, you want to say all info on the web is correct info- just like your statements/assumptions? :)

buddingwhizkid said:
dont know why some people poke their nose in anything and everything !

So that people can be saved from lame suggestions with possibly disastrous outcomes. :p

ISHROCZ_14 said:
no offence but :) dude bike .. please read the replies .. i have confirmed that im going to purchase 5850 :) and have kept my old psu for sale :)

You bought a CM extreme power 600 sometime back and now you have to sell it.

I am sure you don't want to repeat that- making an improper decision/purchase again.

Only asking the right question/s gets one the right answer/s. :)

But you still haven't replied to the other 3 questions, esp the most imp one- budget?

What's the max amount you can afford for a psu- honestly?

(Not a paisa less than the max you can afford to spare coz you are feeling like saving money on the psu)

@OP get the best psu that u can buy now. dont skimp on it. and if ur bitten by the upgrade big more often than not, it makes more sense to get the best that u can afford to, so that ur future upgrades dont force u to change psu again or u dont need to put off upgrade plans due to a psu issue.

Back