Suggestions for Wifi

deep_nx

Adept
Hi guys i have been reading this thread http://www.techenclave.com/networking/setting-up-wifi-network-home-108227.html that has given me lotta info on WiFi

But i have few Q's in my mind to sort out ....

I have a MTNL triband connection and their D-Link 502T router. Now i want a Wifi connection in my house . Which will be connecting to a Desktop, Lappy ,HTC touch & Iphone.

*1) The Desktop is the most Imp. and is placed in my room. if i put up a Wifi there will i get good range in the "next" room which is just 2-10M away. but the only interference is a wall and my room is packed and closed with AC .

2) I am planing to buy a ADSL + Wifi router for less hassel.better than keeping 2 instruments . but some peeps say it aint so good idea, that ADSL + Wifi Routers are weak and has heat issues, and i should go for for a seperate Wifi router instead ?

3)i want to surrender the MTNL router cause i am being uselessly charged since 3years for its rental..... Budget under 3.5K for a a ADSL & a router

Thanx,
Deepz

Hey anish_sha

i just got a D-link DIR-300 Wifi Router and attached it to my D-link ADSL of MTNL !!!

and i just got connected instantly .....

i am using wifi on my iphone + HTC touch and it passes thru walls and gives me good reception

but now i am getting GREEDIER :p and need much more WIDER range ....

-----------

Thats why

Can sum1 tellme is this possible (See attached File)

im gonna put the WIFI in my living room which is a central place

where will i get an extra long RJ45 cable and the RJ45 splitter and 4 hw much $$$ .....i live in MUMBAI...

Attachments

• wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 123
Back