Monitors Suggestions needed on 24" LCD monitor

BaaliSoda

Disciple
Hi TEites,

I am planning to upgrade my home PC's CRT to LCD (within next 15 days).

My home PC used predominantly for movie watching + net surfing and very casual gaming. (BTW, I have Powercolor HD 5770 card in my MOBO)

My Budget is 15k (Maximum) and preferred LCD Size is 24' with an HDMI port (preference is LCDs with wide connectivity options)

After reading through various threads herein TE I have zeroed in on few models they are,
1)BenQ E2420HD(my preferred choice due to its numerous connectivity option but unfortunately could not find any dealer in India having this in their stock. Even BenQ's Delhi office seems to be unaware of its launch in India)
2)BenQ G2420HD (My second choice due to its VFM, has features similar to E2420 HD except for no USB ports + speakers)
3)Dell ST2410 (Though this costs nearly 2k extra than the G2420HD I read mostly positive about this model that's why third)

Now my queries are,

1)Which of the three models you think i should go for?And why?

2)Does anyone knows,when the BenQ E2420HD is going to be available in India? If so, then what will be its price?

3)Is there any other better model/s do you think i should look for other than the above three?

On a side note, I want the monitor to be shipped to Tamilnadu

Thanks for spending your quality time in reading my post, if possible kindly help me with your suggestion on the same.

Cheers:)

Re: Help pLZ-Suggestion needed on 24' LCD monitor

^^Viewsonic one looks good but I am more inclined towards Dell or BenQ over Viewsonic (mainly due to after sales service)

Thanks for sharing your opinion

among the three Dell ST2410 is a good one dude, My choice is Samsung P2350 (but no HDMI):D

Dell ST2410 has HDMi, Anti glare screen and its a Full 24" monitor i think its a good choice:D

Thanks Icon_211 & Lemein, for the suggestions.

I got BenQ G2420HD with a quote of 11,400 (Shipped), whereas Dell ST2410 is quoted at 13,100(shipped).

Do you guys think the extra 1700 bucks is worth spending on Dell ST2410?

(I am asking this, because the features wise both BenQ G2420HD and Dell ST2410 is near identical)

Yo man both seems equally good in features and performance Dell ST2410 looks bit dull and costs 2k extra than similar Monitor BenQ G2420HD. So BenQ seems to be good deal for 11.5k!

Go with it! All the best.

DONT BUY DELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

G2420HD best LCD upto 15k budget if u can spend 1k more then get Benq V2400 LED @ 16k shipped

Dell panel sux.. Bleeding prb frequent..

Benq +1

skullcandy said:

G2420HD best LCD upto 15k budget if u can spend 1k more then get Benq V2400 LED @ 16k shipped

Benq +1

Kindly refrain from giving such illogical and bull shit advices! Backlight bleeding cannot be totally eliminated from any LCD and Dell's newer gen panels starting 2009 have been reported to have minimised backlight bleeding to a farther extent.

skullcandy said:

Benq +1

Yes, sure you do not like DELL. Would be nice if you gave sound reasons for such high resentment. I have a DELL, seems fine.

Dell service would be better , if u can afford DELL go for it if not 11.5K for G2420 will sure worth a lot

In benq G2420 u wont find backlight bleed ! i do no abt dell but its quality is good

If you don't mind a 23" instead of a 24" and are ready to spend a bit more you can look at Dell SP2309W
I bought couple of Dell SP2309Ws last month
DELL SP2309W 23-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Integrated 2.0 Megapixel Webcam : Monitors & Monitor Accessories | Dell Canada
Pretty satisfied with the performance.

From my perspective, given my requirements
Pros:
2048x1152 Resolution
Height Adjustable
VGA,DVI,HDMI
4 USB Ports
Webcam (Linux Compatible)

Cons:
Glossy screen

I was never inclined towards BenQ although they seem to be good VFM. I did not consider the Samsung LCDs because i really hate the TV like look they have. Hope this helps.

^^

Wow that thing looks nice. How come you get 2048 x 1152 on 23" and I get 1980 x 1080 on 24". The SP22309 has so many more pixels..wow...!

@Asingh-Thanks a lot for sharing that link of yours (Very Informative)

@Mndar-Thanks for suggesting that dell model with your experience. It does look awesome but is this available in India?

Back