Graphic Cards Suggestions needed on purchase of 8800 GTS from Newegg

Ronnie22

Disciple
HI everybody

Wanted suggestions from members about the best brand to purchase for an 8800 GTS.

Have decided on this since it is the cheapest DX10 card rightnow and since I am building an HTPC wanted something that wouldn't get outdated for a couple of years atleast.

If brand doesn't matter then will opt for the cheapest which in this case is the EVGA.

The cheapest amongst them is EVGA for $370 (Newegg.com - eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640-P2-N821-AR HDCP Video Card - Retail)

PNY Is for $380
(Newegg.com - PNY GeForce 8800GTS VCG88GTSXPB HDCP Video Card - Retail)

MSI is for 390
(Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTS-T2D640E Video Card - Retail)

Leadtek is for 395
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122018|)

XFX is for 400
(Newegg.com - XFX GeForce 8800GTS PVT80GTHF9 Video Card - Retail)

^ I oppose that....

go for Leadtek, if something goes wrong atleast you have a chance to contact Leadtek India for warranty.

eVGA -> eVGA is 100% good but, if 'somethin', go back to USA to get warranty :no:
PNY -> same reason.

XFX -> expensive.
MSI -> expensive.

:hap2: Leadtek Wins:hap2:

I would say wait for an el cheapo card if you don't game. In the meanwhile use a geforce 7600gs(at most) for a couple of months.

iosoft, are u sure Leadtek has international warranty? I was under the impression that if anything went wrong with these cards, I would have to send them back to the US. If thatis not the case with Leadtek then will definitely opt for that.

@AT

I usually don't order stuff from the US and prefer ordering electronics from India due to the warranty and service factor. However in this case since somebody was coming back empty handed, wanted to get some items for my new HTPC.

I don't intend to game much on the PC anyways but wanted the DX10 capability on any graphics card that I bought so that the card doesn't get outdated too soon.

No card manufacturers offer international warranty. Unless you know someone at service center or distries its impossible to even get it serviced in case it needs to be.

So get the cheapest you can, or the one with best bundle.

Back