suggestions on using Creative inspire 5.1 speakers with my 42'' plasma

foxy

Recruit
Hi Folks,

As the thread title suggests i have creative inspire 5.1 speaker system lying around which i was thinking of using with my Panasonic Plasma.

But i cannot directly connect them as the pins does not fit into the slots provided on the back of the TV.

Any suggestions how i can connect this with my TV.

Is there a device like Asus oplay mini ... to which i could connect this speakers and also i could connect a USB drive and it could play all popular movie format (My TV does not support all formats)

Earlier the speakers where connected to my PC and i was very satisfied with the sound that they produce (I am not an audiophile by any means :) )

I too have the same question but as far I am thinking we ll need a analog to optical converter adaptor my led TV is coming day after I can see and then only suggest

But i think using an Adapter will not produce surround sound and also not sure of sound quality .... Any other device to which we can connect this speakers directly and will get a decent sound quality (same quality when this speakers where connected to PC)...

Guys any suggestions ....

I had the same problem. Basically you need the following three items.
1. Optical/Digital audio cable (Roughly 300 - 600 depending on length)
2. RCA cable (within 200 max)
3. Digital to analog sound converter (between 2000 to 3000)

I had the same problem. Basically you need the following three items.
1. Optical/Digital audio cable (Roughly 300 - 600 depending on length)
2. RCA cable (within 200 max)
3. Digital to analog sound converter (between 2000 to 3000)

Is there any cheaper option can ubprovide links bro my TV came and I want to use my 2.1

I will try using the converter pins to connect the speaker system to TV and check the sound....

Also i was thinking of getting a player like 'Asus oplay mini' which can play a variety of movie formats so that i can connect my hard drive to watch movies As my 42' pana plasma does not support all the movie formats (especially 1080p blueray rips)

Just wanted to know if there is any other player that is better than oplay mini ??

@roadrippersid...sorry bro that is the cheapest. However if your tv has a headphone jack..you can try bying a cheap amplifier (around 600 to 800 bucks) and connect your speaker to the headphone port via amplifier. That should work but remember it is a cheap option and I am not taking any risks for the experiement :).

Last edited by a moderator:
@roadrippersid...sorry bro that is the cheapest. However if your tv has a headphone jack..you can try bying a cheap amplifier (around 600 to 800 bucks) and connect your speaker to the headphone port via amplifier. That should work but remember it is a cheap option and I am not taking any risks for the experiement :).

I tried connecting my creative inspire 5.1 PC speakers to the TV as mentioned above ... and the output was not bad ... (It might be crap for all the audiophiles out there ) .. It was way better than the sound output from my TV ... So i think one of my problem is resolved

Now the other problem is to find a device that can play almost all the popular movie formats especially HD content 1080P Blue ray rips etc as my Pana Plasma does not natively support all the file formats...

I am confused between this 2 Asus O!Play mini which is available for around 3800 from ebay india with bill and warranty

or
WD TV PLAY Media player for 50$ from new egg (One of my friend is in Us he can get this for me)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=15-140-004

Guys please advise on which player i should select.

Mostly i will be connecting My 1TB hardisk to the player to play all the movies so features such as DLNA , wifi etc are not that imp

The only thing is that it should be compatible with all the Video/Audio formats out there and should offer a smooth playback

Last edited by a moderator:
Back