CPU/Mobo Suggestions on what I can do to troubleshoot, Main rig down, no clue.

Around three weeks ago i bought the Gigabyte Ga-ma785gm-us2h it gave me problems and i posted it in this thread http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/one-longish-beep-and-no-display-170683.html

i also bought a new cpu n psu a corsair vx 450 as recommended here.... now i got the mobo repaired and i dont live in mumbai anymore so it was extremly frustrating for me to travel stand in the chaos at digicom,,,,... come back to collect the mobo....

i checked it over there.... prior to giving the mobo... i thought the mobo had completly failed as my pc had stopped booting... no beeps.... but when i got back ... i realized i have the same issue...

the cpu fan only jerks, no display no beeps, i remove the ram n boot no beeps, remove cpu n boot no beeps...if i connect cpu fan to system fan power it spins...... no beeps no boot no cpu fan turning.....

after doing some research online it seems to be a PSU? issue? what do u guys thing, the cpu does get hot as well.... so could this be a brand new corsair vx 450 gone bad???? im pretty pissed off as this is my main rig and i do not enjoy working from laptops .....

this rig has been down for so long now i have no idea wat to do..... i bought all these parts from casette world on lamington road and i am extremly pissed with either my luck or i have no clue how this could happen.

what should i do and where can i get the psu repaired???? its obviously in warranty if its a psu error///...:Comp3:

Re: Extremly Frustrated Need Help !!!

are you sure that the psu aint working ?

first try if the psu is working or not

ok I also had something similar problem. As per the manual I had connected all the power cables but what they don't tell you is some are optional. In my case I had the wider cable and alongwith 1 small 4 pin cable, I installed the bigger one and there was space to install the 4 pin and i plugged it in. the system did not start and it gave me the same jerky fan movement. I banged my head on the wall that why this shit happens to me only and then I took out the 4 pin cable which was alongwith the bigger wider cable and the computer started. :)

I just downloaded the manual, it says

1 x 610mm (24”) 24-pin ATX power connector cable.

Note: The ATX power connector has a detachable 4-pin mechanism in

order to support either a 24-pin or a 20-pin socket on the motherboard.

1 x 610mm (24”) 8-pin EPS12V connector cable.

Note: The EPS12V power connector has a detachable 4-pin mechanism in

order to support either an 8-pin socket or a 4-pin “P4/12V” socket on

the motherboard.

I have a cooler master 850w, what I have done is plugged the 20 Pin connector left the 4 pin connector and also 8 Pin (I have 2x4 connector). both are in different location.

yes i wont be buying or recommending people to buy from casette world thats pretty sure, i bought a defunct mobo n psu, n paid a good amount of money

@ prashantrana everything was working fine .... at a point of time with everything connected,,, ...... the thing is i clearly remember hearing a wierd sound from the psu when i was testing components on the mobo and thought the mobo died.... pretty sure that its the psu now... does anyone know about corsair service how long do they take etc?.......

so in the end, it was not the power supply, i connected my old psu and the same problem, that only left the processor ..... and i got it replaced by amd and now my rig works...,. both the proccesor and the mobo purchased from cassette world was bad..... they tried selling me some silverstone psu but i insisted on the corsair and it works....

so,.... i have to say im quite happy

and yesterday my hdd crashed wow wow wat is this karma?

Avoid Cassete world like plague, they are one of the most unscrupulous shops in Lamington road, And a proccy going bad, thats a first after a very long time.

Just a haeds up, make sure of the earthing on your wall socket.

Back