CPU/Mobo Suggestions: Upgraditis

Ok guys...Am having a serious bout of upgraditis

Wondering as to wether I need to upgrade the following:

Procy 2.8E prescott
Mobo: 865GBF

upgrade to

A64 3000+ or 3200+ (socket 939) + socket 939 mobo

Would like to stick to my 6800GT AGP so would I really see a lot of improvement if I switcehd my rig switched to an agp AMD config wt the 3000+ or 3200+ procy(am nt really into OCs)

Upgrade option 2
Components: Mouse and a pair of headphones

current rig: Iball optical mouse and creative 2.1 speakers (things is I really cant use my speakers much...my mom u know)

mice Options:
MX518 gaming mouse(pl. suggest availability n price in bangalore)
Razer Diamond Back (60 dollars + shipping :ashamed: ..
Pl. suggest some other mice of good quality(microsoft/logitech...n also price n availability in Bangalore)

Headphone options: Couple of panasonic headphones I saw at crossword bookshop: for around 1500 as well as one Sony headphone for 1500 and the other for 3000...i dnt have a sound card so no Zalman theatre headphones

other options: http://www.frozencpu.com/snd-13.html
http://www.frozencpu.com/snd-14.html (expensive!!! :S )

Am not sure about Bose or JBL headphones. I prefer those big ones which cover the whole ear n head even

Ok guys...fire away

you wont see a lot of difference. stick with what you have now. dont upgrade for the sake of upgrading

you could try changing the mobo and try your hand at oc'in the processor though.

mice or headphones would be a good idea. whats your budget ?

3200+ and MSI neo2 ! switching to am64 shud see some boost in games with that 6800GT. Personally i have the mx518 and its a great mouse, got it for 2.5k with 3 yr warranty in mumbai. Maybe Masky can comment on the Razer.

Budget for mice n headphones...ummm upto max 10K :O (uh oh...can hear tht ominous rumble frm my folks)

Hmm...3200+ and K8 neo2 platinum how much wud the bundle b cost n any ideas on wat price to performance increase ratio cud I xpect considering tht I sell my old mobo/procy for around 5k(is tht a rt price)

Where are you buying it from? For mouse, get the mx518 or wait for the new laser mouse if u have patience ;). For Phones, get a Sennheiser HD485. Should cost around 80-85$ if u can get someone to carry it for u from the states. For around 200$, if u can stretch ur budget that much, u can have an HD-580 or a refurb HD-600. These are what i call audiophile grade phones and they rock. However you need an amp for these to work right. I believe amol is selling a year old HD-580. You can ask him for a deal on the phone plus amp if u are comfortable with a second hand phone. Stay away from that steelpad headphone... the audio quality sucks bad. I mean really really bad. No idea abt the other one though.

are you set on getting headphones ? you could get a good sound card and speaker set for 10 k i think

Thx for the suggestions guys...gettin somebody to get somethin frm the U.S., thts nt possible bt the idea behind headphones is tht I really cant play anythin loud at home...n thts y I thought bout gettin a good pair of headphones...MX518 is it available in Blore...i really love the new copperhead from Razer, altough I doubt I could get tht...does JBL or Bose have any decent headphones...bcoz bth have an outlet here in BLore dnt bout their stock though

Just go in for a mouse and headphones... Dont think about upgrading the CPU+Moo combo as you dont want to get stuck with a high end AGP Card + Board... Go for PCIe setup when its *required*... With your setup you can feel safe till about the Year end easily...

on a side note which is better 518 or Razor and what are the prices...

daviescool said:
Thx for the suggestions guys...gettin somebody to get somethin frm the U.S., thts nt possible bt the idea behind headphones is tht I really cant play anythin loud at home...n thts y I thought bout gettin a good pair of headphones...MX518 is it available in Blore...i really love the new copperhead from Razer, altough I doubt I could get tht...does JBL or Bose have any decent headphones...bcoz bth have an outlet here in BLore dnt bout their stock though
Bose is horrible. Dont even think abt it. JBL i'm not sure of. The best that i know of that you can get in India with warranty and stuff is Philips HP840. If you wanna buy in grey, u can get Senn. HD497 at Heera Panna, bbay.

OK looks like cpu + mobo plans I'll shelve for now....

As for the others items: MX 518 costs 3k i think and Razor wud cost 4.5k

Bt are these big sony headphones any good...the ones in Music World or Planet M...As i said I saw a couple of ones from sony and Panasonic

Oh k thx sunny will check this friday how much it cost

daviescool said:
OK looks like cpu + mobo plans I'll shelve for now....

As for the others items: MX 518 costs 3k i think and Razor wud cost 4.5k

Bt are these big sony headphones any good...the ones in Music World or Planet M...As i said I saw a couple of ones from sony and Panasonic

Oh k thx sunny will check this friday how much it cost

If you could tell me the model, i can comment on it. Those PCXXX sennies are meant only for gaming/IVRS/call centers. They are definitely not meant for music listening.

Ooops...ok didnt know tht...lemme put it this way a pair of headphones for music listenin/gaming/movies...i guess it obviously wnt be best in its class...kind of a jack of all trades.

Back