Summer Break : The-do-something-awesome Craze

Speedz

Adept
Just started with my summer break, and I am sure all of you would remember the urge to do something awesome/fun/cool/bizzare over the summers, and I am facing the same.

I just completed my 2nd year of Computer Engineering, and am kinda fascinated by micro controllers and stuff. And you would know the kinda stupid practicals they make you do in class. So I was thinking maybe I should do a bit of a summer project just for kicks.

One Idea that came to mind was a simple PC/remote controlled light/fan switch. Anybody got any other ideas or references along similar lines which I could look up?

Cheers, and have a great Summer! :clap:

I just remembered that I had purchased a lot of different LEDs for modding my RC Cars a few years back... it was summer then too!! :p

I still have a lot of LEDs with me. Green and Red are abundant... If you need any for any LED project, let me know. Obviously it's free.

I also have a lot of wires. I don't remember the specifications but those are the single core thin wires popularly used with LEDs. :lol:

Had made something similar to what u mentioned in the first post OP. But we did not know micro controllers at that time o could not have greater control on the switches... It is actually very easy once u get how to filter the IR signals... By the way u will need a programmer for the purpose for that do u have one???

Speedz said:
Just started with my summer break, and I am sure all of you would remember the urge to do something awesome/fun/cool/bizzare over the summers, and I am facing the same.

I just completed my 2nd year of Computer Engineering, and am kinda fascinated by micro controllers and stuff. And you would know the kinda stupid practicals they make you do in class. So I was thinking maybe I should do a bit of a summer project just for kicks.

One Idea that came to mind was a simple PC/remote controlled light/fan switch. Anybody got any other ideas or references along similar lines which I could look up?

Cheers, and have a great Summer! :clap:
before making these projects(the one you mentioned is not too easy), start learning about the microcontrollers and their programming.
Do you know Assembly language or will you be using C?

Start surfing this site: News : 8051 Microcontroller Projects AVR PIC Projects Tutorials Ebooks Libraries codes (if you want to use 8051uC)
or AVR Freaks (if you want to use Atmega series uC)

If you have read this far without getting a headache, you are on course to create the project :bleh: :eek:hyeah:

Back