OC & Modding Super Silent Fans in India?

axeman

Ye Olde Systems Breaker
Skilled

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • ATX Cabinet, other details are immaterial
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Everything
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • High CFM (>>10CFM) 80x80mm & (>> 5CFM) 40x40mm silent fans, neither can exceed 19dB
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, no changes
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Anywhere Mumbai/ Pune
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • HTPC
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Going to lamington road is the best for these kinds of things. But Covid is a B!t#h.

Try here, its a reputed site.

Sorry to burst your bubble but most of the sunon/delta fans are still noisy at low speeds. I had a few of them running in my chieftec cabinet, they made an irritating humming noise even at 7v. Finally turned them off

If you really want silence, you have to shell out for noctuas in this bracket

Noctua and Arctic come close, but I don't think there's anything which can realistically meet your requirements.
You can either get high cfm at lower noise by using a larger fan, or high cfm with smaller fans but at the cost of noise. You can choose only 2 out of 3 factors - noise, cfm and size. Not sure if there exists something which fulfills all 3

Bequiet fans. i purchased couple of them from europe two or three years ago 120mm ones. So so silent even at full speed. checkout pure wings 2 80mm it is offered in normal or pwm modes. Expensive af though. i dont think anyone in india sells them have to order them from germany or usa/canada(newegg) or taiwan. These things have special noise dampening channels on the fans.I wish i had got more instead of the 2 i purchased.

Going to lamington road is the best for these kinds of things. But Covid is a B!t#h.

Try here, its a reputed site.

Thanks, have been talking to a few folks over the phone. No luck, similar for the site.
Sorry to burst your bubble but most of the sunon/delta fans are still noisy at low speeds. I had a few of them running in my chieftec cabinet, they made an irritating humming noise even at 7v. Finally turned them off

If you really want silence, you have to shell out for noctuas in this bracket
Not true, shared links below as an example from Sunon
Noctua and Arctic come close, but I don't think there's anything which can realistically meet your requirements.
You can either get high cfm at lower noise by using a larger fan, or high cfm with smaller fans but at the cost of noise. You can choose only 2 out of 3 factors - noise, cfm and size. Not sure if there exists something which fulfills all 3
Not true, here are links from Sunon -
I believe it should be possible to source these and purchase in India
Bequiet fans. i purchased couple of them from europe two or three years ago 120mm ones. So so silent even at full speed. checkout pure wings 2 80mm it is offered in normal or pwm modes. Expensive af though. i dont think anyone in india sells them have to order them from germany or usa/canada(newegg) or taiwan. These things have special noise dampening channels on the fans.I wish i had got more instead of the 2 i purchased.
Imports are a headache. ID proof, Address proof, free money handed over for "clearing charges" that range from 600 to 2000 depending on your luck.
The PWM option on Amazon seems interesting though, one can step down the power and get the desired outcome I believe - https://www.amazon.in/quiet-BL046-Wings-Max-1500RPM-Cooling/dp/B01JMEDDYY?th=1 Thank you!

Thanks, have been talking to a few folks over the phone. No luck, similar for the site.

Not true, shared links below as an example from Sunon

Not true, here are links from Sunon -
I believe it should be possible to source these and purchase in India

Imports are a headache. ID proof, Address proof, free money handed over for "clearing charges" that range from 600 to 2000 depending on your luck.
The PWM option on Amazon seems interesting though, one can step down the power and get the desired outcome I believe - https://www.amazon.in/quiet-BL046-Wings-Max-1500RPM-Cooling/dp/B01JMEDDYY?th=1 Thank you!
small parts like customs dont usally have clearing charges and things.although its no better than russian roulette. Give bequiet a try i dont think you would ever go back to any other fan after using them.Mdcomputers and primeabgb used to sell them see if they can source.

small parts like customs dont usally have clearing charges and things.although its no better than russian roulette. Give bequiet a try i dont think you would ever go back to any other fan after using them.Mdcomputers and primeabgb used to sell them see if they can source.
My observation is that it is up to the logistics co. My current package of just some odd cables worth 500 from SG to IND is stuck at Delhi customs with Aramex for a month now. I expect to pay at least 2k extra for this. :p

My observation is that it is up to the logistics co. My current package of just some odd cables worth 500 from SG to IND is stuck at Delhi customs with Aramex for a month now. I expect to pay at least 2k extra for this. :p
aramex is a chor. same for fedex. i had a parcel coming in from eu they told me 8k for customs + clearing and told me to hire my own transfer agent and everything since all the stuff in the parcel. told them i will look into the case. 10 days later they themselves cleared it without a rupee charged. These courier companies are scamming people under the pretext of customs charges.The parcel literay had no commercial value,just promotional freebes to distribute to employees, even the agent i contacted told me fedex is unnecessarily asking for money.

Would nidec gentle typhoons fit your use case?
Thank you, but even at half speed the noise level is above 30dB.
aramex is a chor. same for fedex. i had a parcel coming in from eu they told me 8k for customs + clearing and told me to hire my own transfer agent and everything since all the stuff in the parcel. told them i will look into the case. 10 days later they themselves cleared it without a rupee charged. These courier companies are scamming people under the pretext of customs charges.The parcel literay had no commercial value,just promotional freebes to distribute to employees, even the agent i contacted told me fedex is unnecessarily asking for money.
Thanks to our over the top import rules, we get taken for a ride regularly. EU, US are far more transparent and liberal.

I recently bought Noctua fans from NewEgg. They were shipped out of Taiwan. They were expensive though due to high custom duty (same as item cost).

The newer coolermaster mf 120 fans seemed pretty quite to me,just got them recently.
The quietest and cheapest fans that i have bought in india for a reasonable price are definitely from Arctic.
You can try looking that way.

OP if you are that hell bent on silence then you have to look into 120/140 mm fan size range. Even consider upgrading your HTPC chassis to something that can hold multiple 120/140m fans. Getting silent 80mm fans can be really hard as small fans tend to be louder and move less air. Bigger fans are overall silent and move a lot more air.

and buy few Artic 120 mms.

Last edited:
It's been like that since a long time. Used electronics are considered as e-waste. But practically no-one cares unless you import a container full of them or explicitly declare that they are used.
i
OP if you are that hell bent on silence then you have to look into 120/140 mm fan size range. Even consider upgrading your HTPC chassis to something that can hold multiple 120/1400m fans. Getting silent 80mm fans can be really hard as small fans tend to be louder and move less air. Bigger fans are overall silent and move a lot more air.

and buy few Artic 120 mms.
also if you have the budget checkout fractal 804 its designed for silence in mind with sound dampening padding on all intakes but also allows airflow. primeabgb has some stock.

Back