Super Street Fighter 4: Buy now or wait?

I've been looking to buy Super Street Fighter 4 for quite some time now. However, haven't found any good deals on Steam and retail copies are both expensive as well as hard to come by. I recently found out that its available for Rs.999 in the Origin India store. Now that a new Street Fighter game has been released, should I wait for the price to drop or buy from Origin? How's the Origin service?

Retail availability is an issue here. Can get it from PlayAsia but it would be expensive. Even when Street Fighter 4 was released, it retailed for Rs.2500. But after the release of Super Street Fighter 4, they dropped its price to Rs.500 - thats when I picked it up. I'm hoping for the same thing to happen with Super Street Fighter 4. Also, haven't seen these games go on sale in Steam for a long time.

999 is a good deal mate...BTW: is it for PC or consoles?

BTW: noone plays SF4 nowadays as SF4 AE is out...so if u are looking at online play u will not get anyone
and SF series is a no brainer without online play

U cannot compare SFxTekken and SF4 series....
I love SF4 series anyday...the grapgics and gameplay are much better...and SFxTekken's combos are screwed

Naresh....Get AE not the vanilla SSF4....beleive me u will repend...cost of upgrating to AE from SSF4 is 540 bucks I think. U can get AE for 1200 bucks shipped I think

Can't say it will be wise to get it for PC 'coz most fighting game fans get it for consoles. So more people will be playing online on consoles than on PC.

#b_naresh : Forgot to mention SSF4 is not out for PC...its only SSF4 AE :) so I am guessing u are getting the AE version only.

Its the only game I have been playing since last one year (and I have all PS3, XBOX, Wii and PC). somehow I am hooked to online play of this game; there is so much depth in this game that u learn so much (I see reply of World tournaments in Youtube also)

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

There are thousands of online players in PC....most of the console players also buy a PC version...I have done and so have all my friends:)

Can't say it will be wise to get it for PC 'coz most fighting game fans get it for consoles. So more people will be playing online on consoles than on PC.

I purchased it from Origin for Rs.999 yesterday. Downloaded it to my laptop. Will start playing from today. Btw, I only see Adorkable911 online regularly. Played a few SF4 matches with him yesterday, got pwned as usual. Hope to improve over time.

Crossover games are never "the real thing". You won't be disappointed with SSFIV : AE, especially if you want even a little bit of competition against other players.

Just a LOL at people saying SFxT being better than SF4 series- only shows how little you know about the fighting games' scene. Anyways, I'd say just download the game off torrents and purchase the key online. I was gonna do the same and then came the Steam sale, giving the whole thing for just 650 Rs., including all the costumes released till now

Back