superfan.in feedback

Kuantum

Adept
Read about superfan in Electronics for You magazine. It was highly praised for its innovative ceiling fan design based on BLDC motor. Also read an article about it

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidferris/2012/12/13/a-eco-ceiling-fan-for-indias-young-and-hip/

According to superfan website wide operating voltage 160-265 @ 48 to 52 Hz. High PF and low power consumption. http://superfan.in/specifications.html

Since electric utility was privatised in my area there are occasional frequency dips and extreme voltage fluctuations sometimes lasting upto hours. Traditional fans slow down and goodbye to much needed breeze.

Superfan perfectly fits my needs. Also superfan carries a 5 years warranty and I'm really impressed with their confidence in the product. I had placed an online order and it was dispatched from coimbatore immediately next day and arrived within 3 days flat.

Hope it lasts for a long time and its bearings doesn't worn out quickly.

even i am interested in them. but according to website it say we have to carry product to there service center for warranty claim . but they don't have dealer any where in india . what if product goes bad they can't expect us to carry it to tamil nadu :S

even i am interested in them. but according to website it say we have to carry product to there service center for warranty claim . but they don't have dealer any where in india . what if product goes bad they can't expect us to carry it to tamil nadu :S

I guess superfan is directly dealing with customers to keep costs down as BLDC motors are expensive to manufacture. With a dealer in the loop it might become more expensive.

Its a startup company that has brought a unique product may take some time to catch up to the market and establish a dealer and service network. Also might see similar products from other companies.

If these fans are used in bulk I'm sure the power savings would easily overshadow the repair costs.

Remember that traditional fans sold in the market do not specify PF and the advertised power is less than what is actually spent.

I've just started using the fan and since its a new product in the market I cant really really comment on its long term reliability. However their 5 years warranty is more than compared to 2 years warranty on normal fans.

I really like the breeze function on the remote that accelerates the fan to bit higher speed and slows down again to simulate a breeze. Also has a led light when not in use.

well i guess nothing wrong in trying . will order one check its wattage if its true 35w then will order more

Apic.jpg Apic.jpg

Here you go voltage and current reading for the fan at full speed

Attachments

• Vpic.jpg
    Vpic.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 726
I am using this fan from past 2 months and ordered 5 from from (3X Super A1 + 2x Super X1). Even I was apprehensive earlier because of no dealership in Delhi and if any problem arises it would be difficult to send it back to Coimbatore. They told me they will have dealer soon in most of the major cities and within a month I got email from them for their Delhi dealer address and phone numbers. Till now no complaints and all fans are performing well, the remote is nice touch and noise I felt is bit less compared to other normal fans I had earlier when running at full speed. You can ask for dealer in specific city on their Facebook page, the site is not updated it seems with dealership information.

Meet delhi dealer there are 5 models
A1,X1 and V1 comes with remote
X7 and V7 comes without remote
All things were good except brochure dealer was saying 5 years guarantee and brochure say 2 years warranty here quick snap

Btw guys can i fit 400mm blade to it :/ just asking as all small fan are 65w

Attachments

• 20140717_221450.jpg
    20140717_221450.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 778
Been using Superfan X1 for the past 2 yrs.
I'll definitely recommend it. Less power consumption, low fan noise, remote for added convenience and the lamp is a nice touch, doubles up as night lamp when fan is not in use.
I bought it for Rs. 2999, current price seems to be 3.5k.

But my warranty card say 2 years :/
See screen shot
Can you tell the performance of Superfan now as it has been more time now. I'm planning to buy this and i have heard some issue of ''noise coming at low speed''.
TIA

I have just placed an order for super x1 for 3420 Rs. Will wait to show up at my home and then let u know about the performance
Please share your review on Superfan, as I'm planning to buy the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell the performance of Superfan now as it has been more time now. I'm planning to buy this and i have heard some issue of ''noise coming at low speed''.
TIA

well i have 12 fan which runs from morning to night non stop everyday except now days winter so they are not being used . Now about issue out of 12 only 1 is making noise at low speed rest are doing great . i am satisfied with them .

Back