Camera Superzoom from Singapore / Malaysia?

ok....

let me put it this way...

the FZ100 has better sensors to capture images :)

And it will have less lag (almost none in n00b terms) while taking pics...u have moments when u have taken a pic and need to wait for another sec or so before u can take another pic....FZ100 does not have that issue...u can go on a clicking spree without wait times:)

burst plays a mode...but its restricted by the shutter technology

mechanical is always faster and so that's what is put in all DSLR's

I didn't get to try it out, but I guess per vercetti the Panasonic is better. Then again, he has to confirm :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My mistake, he was talking about the Canon, not the Fuji...

Its true that FZ100 is much better than sx30 and fz40 but there are still doubts in peoples mind about its IQ. Apart from that the 35x zoom provided by sx30 cannot be easily ignored. Also the performance in low light is nothing to speak of for all 3 cameras.

Regarding the cost i did mention some incorrect quotes i believe as the shipping was not 30$ but 60$!

There are many websites to look over but the one that i prefer is citiwideonline.com/au.

^I tried the site u mentioned and the price for the camera comes to 460$ and not 300+60(for shipping) as u mentioned...

Do i need to do anything else to get the price to 300 from 413?

Also, FZ100 is only much better in features and not that great compared to FZ35 in terms of IQ. FZ35 &40 give good pics in low lght but the same cannot be said about the FZ100

When comparing with the SX30 i would go with the FZ100 due to the better technology in the FZ100 and the sheer fun of rapid shooting ....o yeah!!!

BTW: the citiwide site does not have good reviews and is better known for its grey imports.... I checked other genuine stores in australia(online and direct store)....and u will not get this camera below 550$ anywhere in australia

@vercetti, so if I get what you are saying right, at a holistic level, talking purely in terms of the 'overall' package, is it safe to say that

FZ100 > SX30 > FZ40 = FZ35?

In addition, as regards the CMOS vs CCD debate, I read a bit, and though I didn't get much of the technical differences, the verdict does seem to be out about which one is better than the other, with proponents of both vis-a-vis the other. What is your take on these sensors? Is the FZ100's poorer shoot in dark skills - as compared to the FZ40 - due to its sensor?

I am not sure what i wrote above, too much to drink i guess :p, the price i mentioned was for FZ40 and yes the site is a grey market site importing from hongkong but it has good reviews on the net as well and i know few people from steve's forum who have bought there camera from this site without any issues and thts where probably i will end up buying from or the US. Its too costly in the stores here!

if you look over all

FZ100>>FZ40>FZ35

Regarding the CMOS and CCD; CMOS is better technology, just having it there for the camera makes a difference:). The issue with the FZ100 is that the images are not good when zoomed and the quality decrease after ISO 400.

apart from these 2 the FZ100 is a killer... but many ppl would take the FZ100 for its 24x zoom

agantuk said:
FZ100 > SX30 > FZ40 = FZ35?

@aayush

I have heard of the long shipping time for many sites and that's the reason for my dilemma now. i am on the hunt for nikon D7000 or a FZ100.

Although there are sites offering the D7000 at 1700$ (compared to 2200$ in actual stores which anyways are out of stock); i am afraid to give away my money to these sites.

if these were sold in Amazon or ebay, i would have opted but not for individual sites with contact address as just an email:)

just check them over on ebay cause the same stores are available on ebay also so that u can purchase within the safety net of ebay, however again they do not have manufacturers warranty. also i have noticed that the courier usually doesnt take much time if the item is in stock.

Back