Storage Solutions Support for Intel SSD in India

jaganm

Disciple
I bought a 120 GB Intel 320 SSD retail pack from amazon.com. I installed it on my desktop and loaded the OS. It was working fine for a couple of days, then it just stopped working. There is just a blank screen.

The drive does show up in the BIOS, but doesn't boot. I tried repairing the OS by booting from the Vista DVD, but it never gets past the initial loading Windows screen. As soon as I unplug the SSD, everything works fine. As a last resort, I took it out of the machine and plugged it into the USB drive using the cable that came with the package. No success there too. So, I think that the drive is dead.

Any idea if I can get support for the 320 from Intel India? Or do I need to send it back to amazon/Intel in the US?

It was posted before on the forums on several occasions that the Intel SSDs have International Warranty but I couldn't find a source that mentioned anything relating to it from Intel's website.

Anyhow, here's the contact number - 91 802 854 2105 from Intel Support.

PS: As a last resort, try the SSD on a different system before you send it for RMA.

Gannu said:
As a last resort, try the SSD on a different system before you send it for RMA.

Yep, do test it on a different system - with a different OS (Linux) if possible. I've known Windows OS have intermittent driver issues with newer hardware. You could also try booting from a Linux Live CD or Pen Drive and try accessing the SSD. Basically, make sure it is actually a hardware problem with the SSD before you RMA it. My suspicion is on Vista - especially since it manages to get to the Windows screen - a recent auto-update might have changed a driver.

I had confirmed with intel that they will support all boxed sad on international warranty and if you want I can copy paste that email here.

Search for thread recommend boot drive ssd

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

even , My Kingston 64 GB SSD gone Kaput and not detect on bios :O but it is just 1 1/2 months old, and i already RMA but ,they will prompt replacement new one without any issue due to SSD fail-rate .. , that i am total screw up and i got some small document backup files etc.. :O and make sure buy proper SSD with good firmware update for avoid lose data

Back