Car & Bike Supreme Court bans use of all type of tinted car glass films

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturers may produce the vehicles with tinted glasses which provide for 70 per cent Visual Light Transmission (VLT) for safety glasses on windscreen (front and rear) and 50 per cent VLT for side glasses. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] But use of any type of tints on the windows/windshield is prohibited.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
indifferent14.gif
[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I think this would be rolled back in near future. They should have allowed films having 70%VLT for front/rear and 50%VLT for sides. Banning use of tints altogether considering some isolated events is not a solution.[/font]

News has been out for more than a week now.

I'm trying to lay low during peak hours and day time and let this pass like last time.

Use curtains like those old ambassador cars (used mostly by ministers) had.

As long as it is not stuck on glass area then its not against the law.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturers may produce the vehicles with tinted glasses which provide for 70 per cent Visual Light Transmission (VLT) for safety glasses on windscreen (front and rear) and 50 per cent VLT for side glasses. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] But use of any type of tints on the windows/windshield is prohibited.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
indifferent14.gif
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think this would be rolled back in near future. They should have allowed films having 70%VLT for front/rear and 50%VLT for sides. Banning use of tints altogether considering some isolated events is not a solution.[/font]

One underwear bomber changed the scenario in thousands of US airports and lives of millions of travellers. With the frequency of incidents happening in our country especially the capital, such a move is not surprising.

The question is, are old cars spared or they face the hammer too?

I think the judgement has been misintepreted and films with the required VLT must have been allowed. Most of the car manufacturers offer tints on their luxury segment cars only and even then the tint is not sufficient to counter the harsh Indian sun. In fact, the rule for the minimum VLT of 50 & 70 have been in force in Delhi for quite some time now and still one manages to see quite a few cars with completely opaque black films

I think the judgement has been misintepreted and films with the required VLT must have been allowed. Most of the car manufacturers offer tints on their luxury segment cars only and even then the tint is not sufficient to counter the harsh Indian sun. In fact, the rule for the minimum VLT of 50 & 70 have been in force in Delhi for quite some time now and still one manages to see quite a few cars with completely opaque black films

It hasn't been misinterpreted.

The fine in Haryana is 1000, Delhi is a 100 bucks.

Keep a blade in your cars in case you have to remove the film. Trickiest part would be to remove the ones above the rear defogger.

My car is not going to move this weekend in daylight.

It hasnt been misinterpreted

No films are allowed. Thats it.

Only manufacturer tinted glasses are allowed. Manufacturers tint glasses only in luxury cars. Interpret as you wish

Supreme Court bans doors and windows for all houses as many crimes take place inside. One can have a door / window but it should not be closed it should be kept open at all times. Incase the door is closed , people will be fined 100K for the first time and 500K for the subsequent.

Stoopid stoopid rule. I have to park my car out in the sun most of the time during the day with these raising fuel prices this is like adding insult to the injury. Still I got films removed from my car yesterday as I didn't wanted to be harassed by cops in the middle of my commute. There is another major downside to this now I have to take out any thing expensive (Laptops, Car Stereo, Bag etc) from the car whensoever I need to go in to shop for day to day need stuff from my office or keep it in the boot(Earlier I used to keep it under the seats). Seriously PITA.

I think companies which mfg tints will take serious hit... They should approach court and let them know the advantages of tints... Currently it seems like one sided judgement...

PS: Why my original post is in black color instead of white? (Using After Dark theme)

I think companies which mfg tints will take serious hit... They should approach court and let them know the advantages of tints... Currently it seems like one sided judgement...

PS: Why my original post is in black color instead of white? (Using After Dark theme)

Why would they do that?

Its good for them that the tints are going off. They would file a plea a month or so later.

Why? Because lots of people would be getting their films off by then, they would put them back. Its always about money.

Supreme Court bans doors and windows for all houses as many crimes take place inside. One can have a door / window but it should not be closed it should be kept open at all times. Incase the door is closed , people will be fined 100K for the first time and 500K for the subsequent.

You have stated exactly what I was thinking. To me, the reasoning for this ruling is very flawed. Just because a knife can be used to kill, it doesn't mean that knives should be licensed like guns.

Just because some incidents are speculated to happen with tinted glass, it doesn't mean that it should be prohibited. I even saw some ppl on TV calling for Maruti vans with sliding doors to be banned because these were reputedly used for abducting people. Absurd logic. If those were banned, then the criminals would simply shift to other vehicles. What would these ppl do then? Ban all vehicles?
rolleye17.gif

I can buy the argument that front windshield and rear windows should be clear to some extent because they give visual information when driving. But in a sun baked country like ours, side windows should be factory tinted itself
gap.gif

The ban comes into effect on the 19th of this month. First fine will be Rs-100/- and next Rs-300/-. Multiple offenders may be penalized with a license suspension.

Personally feel that films with the appropriate LTI and good heat rejection should be allowed in a country like ours.

Back