Suuggestion Required for New PC within 35K Range

sunilkumar

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Looking for New PC
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
NA
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel Core i5 or AMD
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (Both in the Range of 15K)
1TB Hard Disk WD black
2*2GB RAM Kingston(suggest any other brand also)
20" samsung monitor
Sony DVD writer
Logitech Keyboard and mouse wirless
UPS

Power supply Unit which is Comaptiable for Proceseer

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes ,for atleast 4 years

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
SP Road Bangalore
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Programming (Visual Studio and SQL)
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies
Casual Gaming(rarely)

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Not interested in games

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Not sure
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor AMD AthlonII X4 635(2.9ghz, 4 cores) 4900
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 5600
RAM 4(2*2GB) 1333MHz Kingston DDRIII RAM 5200
HDD 1TB Seagate 7200.12 3350
Monitor Benq G2220HD 7800
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1600
PSU/SMPS Corsair CX400 2800
Key Board Logitech MK250 : Cordless KB+M 1250
Mouse - -
ODD L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer 1000
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1121 1000
UPS APC 550VA/ Numeric 600VA 1900/1600
Total 36100-36400

• This rig is more than enough for your needs and also the mobo has decent IGP(HD4200) which handles HD playback with ease. It also has USB 3.0 port as the name suggests.

• Also as you keep the rig on 24/7 invest on a good Power supply with high efficeincy. The CX400 is a very good PSU and is 80+ certified and comes with 3 yrs warranty. Do not skimp on the PSU. Its the heart of the rig and a good PSU will provide clean and stable power to your rig continuously. It will let you add more HDD's or Video Card if needed.

• 22" monitors are so cheap these days and when the intended usage is HD movies its better to invest in one of them rather than going for 20" monitor.

• Your needs doesnt warrant a PhenomII X6 or Core i-5 750. Stick to the Athlon II X4 635. Its a very powerful and VFM CPU :)

Unless whatever programming you do ( programming is such a vague term) invloves multiple threads you will hardly see much change with a comparable prosessor from either brands. If it does use multiple threads any intel prosessor with HT might give you some gain in performance ...
EDIT : i wonder if DA has ready templates with configuration ... :bleh:

kolguy said:
EDIT : i wonder if DA has ready templates with configuration ... :bleh:

I have a copy of the PC guying guide as a text doc. Just CTRL-C and CTRL-V and do few changes according to needs of OP ;)

This rig is more than enough for your needs and also the mobo has decent IGP(HD4200) which handles HD playback with ease. It also has USB 3.0 port as the name suggests.
Also as you keep the rig on 24/7 invest on a good Power supply with high efficeincy. The CX400 is a very good PSU and is 80+ certified and comes with 3 yrs warranty. Do not skimp on the PSU. Its the heart of the rig and a good PSU will provide clean and stable power to your rig continuously. It will let you add more HDD's or Video Card if needed.
22" monitors are so cheap these days and when the intended usage is HD movies its better to invest in one of them rather than going for 20" monitor.
Your needs doesnt warrant a PhenomII X6 or Core i-5 750. Stick to the Athlon II X4 635. Its a very powerful and VFM CPU ////
Very Helpful..........Thank u very much

Back