Switching between Android <-> iPhone ecosystem

As someone switching to iPhone from Android but not completely sold, can I ask why you’re moving back to Android
Didn't like the restricted ecosystem. I gave it a good 10 months, went all in with airpod pros, watch ultra and apple one sub but really missed doing multitasking like i used to do on note/ultra devices from samsung before. Granted that camera is great and battery life is godly but I always felt tied up. Hence going back.

If you can afford it why not both? there is no one better than the other, each os/hardware has its strengths and weaknesses. You should use whichever ecosystem floats your boat.
I was a long-time iPhone user back in the day from iPhone 1 all the way to the iPhone 6s, then switched to Android for a while and used all types of Android devices from the S4, S7 Edge, OnePlus 1 to 5, and uncountable Mi's. then decided enough of Android, I want "Privacy" (that was the new thing in town), so switched to iPhone 13 Pro Max 2 years ago, all banking and office authentication stuff is done for the iPhone, and within a year realized can't live without Android when I really want to do work stuff quickly on the move, so hunted for a good second phone, used S20, S21, finally landed on Flip4.

Last edited:
As someone switching to iPhone from Android but not completely sold, can I ask why you’re moving back to Android

• Only 5gb icloud backup in the free tier compared to 15gb on gdrive
  • Many apps like truecaller don't work perfectly in ios like on android. I understand its due to privacy but sometimes just need the functionality. Same thing with call recording apps.
  • No high refresh or high resolution display on the base iphone models while even 10k phones offer 120hz in android side.
  • Not everything is fully stable in ios in my experience. I have frequent trouble with connecting to my router's 5ghz wifi while at the same time my wife's s20fe can connect without any issues. Sometimes even though it would say wifi is connected in settings, it wont show in the status bar and I wont be able to connect to internet.
  • Fast charging
  • Not much scope of customizations. Though its slowly improving now.
  • Comparatively costlier apps in the ios store.

I had to keep a Android around because Samsung stopped Galaxy Watch 4 from being paired with any iPhone at all... I don't like it but it is what it is.

The most common reason : Purchased iPhone because of itch to use 'iPhone'. People expect Android functionality in iPhone and that's not going to happen.

I mentioned this many times on this forum and on social network. Using a single Apple product is the worst way to use an Apple product. Unless and until you are ready to jump into whole ecosystem, don't bother buying iPhone (only exception being iPad).

Back