Budget Above 40k Switching from iPhone 13 to Pixel 7

mayank4823

Disciple
I have been using iPhone from past 8-9 months and recently went to a short trek and a concert. On both occasions I found the camera to be pretty underwhelming. Night photography is non existent on iPhone and zooming in while taking pics absolutely shatters the quality and makes the pics look like an oil painting. Keyboard is crap and I use to use voice typing quite often and it was flawless.

My question is : What will I miss when I switch from iPhone 13 to Pixel 7 ? iPhone has amazing battery, no lag at all. It just works flawlessly. Since I travel a lot, I think I am missing out on great camera.

Last edited:
Lol. Exchange offers. We all know how well exchange works. Also, They reject most phones showing smallest of scratches. And you have to have specific phone to get most out of it. Stop trying to prove that s23 is good value. It just isn’t. Good luck trying to find more desperate ways to show value for s23 in your next post.

As I said, launch offers are over for s23 and it is the worst priced S series phone in years. Plain and simple. Wait a bit and price will fall, that’s when it becomes a good phone. Not right now.
Fair, fair. I kinda agree with you on never buying a Samsung phone at launch, but just wanted to argue on semantics.

Not a rant. Questions. Genuine questions. Do you own s22 and know how the battery life is after android 13 upgrade. If not, you are only assuming based on first week reviews on the web. I have seen many reporting getting an hour extra sot and OS being more responsive for s22 ultra after Android 13 update.

Launch offers are over for S23. It is back to actual price now. 79990. Only offer is on Amazon with HDFC, 8k discount. On Samsung site, the same discounts are on HDFC and SBI. Good luck getting it for 67k though. If I add 10% discount for select cards on s22 as well, the gap is atleast 15k. Even if I remove s22 from comparison, s22 plus, Pixels cost less. Not even bringing iPhone 13 that costs 61k into conversation here.

So yes, S23 is a bad phone for its price and there are options that cost less and compete with the s23.
I think it's time you should stop gaslighting people.

Android 13 improved battery life on some Samsung phones, but on some the update also decreased the battery life, most notably the S21 and S22 series. When the foundation of a phone is wrong, there's so much that software can fix. And the Snapdragon 888 and 8 Gen 1, both of which were made by Samsung Foundry, were considered to be equivalent to sheep's turd. The situation was so bad that Qualcomm had to immediately move to TSMC for the 8 Gen 1 Plus and 8 Gen 2.

So, try to maybe do some research before putting forward your thoughts. And try to stop nitpicking every suggestion people here make. This is a public forum for God's sake.

And FYI, the S23 is currently available on Amazon 75K with a 5K instant discount. And on top of that, you get an additional 8K discount with HDFC. So, that brings down the price to 67K INR, which was rightly quoted by @axmac.

Capture.PNG

So, for an extra 9K over the S22 (which is at 58K), the S23 is worthy every day of the week. Considering the massive battery and thermal gains you will get.

I think it's time you should stop gaslighting people.

Android 13 improved battery life on some Samsung phones, but on some the update also decreased the battery life, most notably the S21 and S22 series.
Aren’t you the one who started gaslighting when it was pointed out that one better wait for price drops? So why are buyers reporting better battery life for s22 phones? I think I told you many times not to blindly blabber about how phones work. I was in the industry and I know that software can make things better and it can also make things really bad. Probably, start with hello world program.

So, try to maybe do some research before putting forward your thoughts. And try to stop nitpicking every suggestion people here make. This is a public forum for God's sake.

So, try to maybe give options that give more value instead of suggesting to buy latest phone without considering extra price. And yeah, do actual research.

Last edited:
These guys are back, let's grab some popcorn /s

Anyway, getting back to your question

My question is : What will I miss when I switch from iPhone 13 to Pixel 7 ?

This is indirectly rising the same old ios vs android.

Instead, let's try this way - you loved the iPhone 13, but is it gonna be your first android phone?
And more importantly, what is the thing that matters most for you on the phone?

Answers to these will actually lead to a better decision hopefully.

These guys are back, let's grab some popcorn /s

Anyway, getting back to your question

This is indirectly rising the same old ios vs android.

Instead, let's try this way - you loved the iPhone 13, but is it gonna be your first android phone?
And more importantly, what is the thing that matters most for you on the phone?

Answers to these will actually lead to a better decision hopefully.
Sir, he already purchased pixel 7.

My bad, I missed reading that then..Though the discussion was again going on about Samsung phones.
Thanks for pointing out bruh.
Welcome. Yeah, it all started when suggestion was given to wait for price drop for new S series phones, which is always the case. Never ever buy S series flagship in launch month. Plain and simple.

My bad, I missed reading that then..Though the discussion was again going on about Samsung phones.
Thanks for pointing out bruh.
I checked the Battery reviews of both phones and it seems that Pixels battery is worse. The phone drains from 15 to 0 in no time whereas iPhone is consistent. That was also a reason for me to switch from Pixel 4a to iPhone 13. Sticking with iPhone for now.

Thanks everyone for their inputs.
The OP never bought a Pixel 7, unlike @desiibond said. He chose to stick with the iPhone 13 because of better battery life.

And the regular S23 has a much better battery life and minute idle drain over the regular Pixel 7. That's why people here are suggesting the S23 (as a compact phone).

I'm quite appalled with s23's camera tuning though. WTF is wrong with the crayon raged saturation! I mean every company boosts the colours, but this is like insane! Reread the review, was interested the phone myself, not anymore. Should be noted anyone seeking natural results.

I'm quite appalled with s23's camera tuning though. WTF is wrong with the crayon raged saturation! I mean every company boosts the colours, but this is like insane! Reread the review, was interested the phone myself, not anymore. Should be noted anyone seeking natural results.
Have you checked if it was a setting in camera? If this is in general and unintentional, This can be fixed by ‘software’.

Did you check the pics on a computer or other phone? The pics are no longer highly oversaturated as they were 8-10 years ago. I owned S2, then moved to N4, Z3C, then back to S8. S2 had really oversaturated pics, even with S8, I found its saturation just above natural, looked pleasing.

Change the display mode on S23 to natural from vivid. Vivid makes everything pop in the display. For natural colour lovers, natural mode works as intended.

A friend recently bought S22 Plus for 57k from reliance Digital without any exchange. Good offers but he cries a lot as far as battery is concerned. S23 series is a big upgrade over S22 series but I never liked Samsung UI. So the question was either Pixel 7 or sticking with iPhone 13.

A friend recently bought S22 Plus for 57k from reliance Digital without any exchange. Good offers but he cries a lot as far as battery is concerned. S23 series is a big upgrade over S22 series but I never liked Samsung UI. So the question was either Pixel 7 or sticking with iPhone 13.
The only cons of pixel 7 is slow charging.
Chinese phones with 20mins full charging really spoiled me. I can compromise on UI but not on charging speed

if possible, why don’t you try iPhone 14 pro in low light conditions. This phone is vastly improved. The new 48mp prime lens brings better quality (though it had wierd issues in the beginning of iOS 16 rollout). Among pixels, better go with 7 pro for its telephoto lens. But it had below average battery life. You won’t get much from pixel 7 compared to i13. When in doubt, don’t buy.

Agree about Samsung UI. It has improved a lot but when I compared S22 with i13 when I had to pick one, iOS look and feel was so much better than OneUI. It was easy decision. The industrial design of iPhone combined with iOS…

Back