Windows Sync contents of 2 HDDs, both ways

raksrules

Elite
I have 2 external HDDs, one is a Seagate portable 2TB and another is WD Passport 4TB. Both HDDs are supposed to ideally consist of same files and they should be mirror of each other. These have my personal files and all such stuff.

Now as far as I know, almost 90% of content is similar in both HDDs but there may be files etc which are in one HDD but not in other and vice versa.

I am looking for a preferably free software, on windows, which can sync both the HDD contents both ways. End result should be that both HDDs are mirror image.

Can anyone suggest me software that can do this for me?

If you're going for free- FreeFileSync is one of the more worthwhile and stable options. SyncToy used to be fine too, but the last update has been over a decade ago (still works).

Scheduling multiple sync projects with FFS is kind of a pain though.

If you're willing to pay, GoodSync is great.

I had a similar prob recently when I got a new HDD. Surprisingly, I found out (the hard way) that WIndows robocopy might actually be the best way to sync folders. Why ? Because there is (almost) no fragmentation on the destination drive. Only con is that it's command line only. GUIs exist though. And it's pretty fast.

Syncing the changes only without having to sunc the whole folder is an easy process now with using one of these tools SyncThing, Duplicati , Gs Richcopy360 and Goodsync.
For the paid tools, ask them for unlocked limited trials

Back