PROTECTION
pickdrop.png

PICK & DROP
SERVICE
theftprotection.png

THEFT
PROTECTION​
http://syskagadgetsecure.com/

I can also send you code by mail as that will be better option. I recommend to buy this before you buy a new phone and this would be only applicable on indian phones.

SYSKA gadget secure should be activated within 48 hours after bill date. After that one cannot active the code.

For Theft protection, does a FIR need to be filed ? Because most police stations won't file a FIR and instead they will take a complaint only. So that complain thing will do ?

FIR needs to be filled. I think if you tell them that I need FIR for claim process they will surely provide.

THEFT INSURANCE CLAIM PROCESS
Step 1:
Call toll-free Customer Care / Leehan Claims Team and report damage within 24 hours.

Step 2:
A ‘Claim Number’ (CIN) will be given to the Claimant.

Step 3:
Claimant has to intimate the Police Station about the theft and get a FIR copy duly stamped and signed. This FIR copy is to be procured within 48 hours of the incident.

Step 4:
Claimant has to block SIM card with his telecom operator and get a SIM Blocking Letter duly stamped and signed. SIM Blocking Letter to be procured within 48 hours of the incident.

Step 5:
The following documents have to be couriered to Leehan Retails Pvt Ltd.
• Covering Letter
• Original bill on Claimant's name
• Self attested photo ID proof of Claimant
• FIR copy duly stamped and signed; SIM blocking letter or email copy from Service Provider duly stamped and signed.
• Insurance Claim Form

NOTE:
All settlements will be cashless.
• Partial loss
• Total Loss
• Theft and Burglary
Handset of equivalent value and similar specification will be given in case of total loss, theft and burglary. Any kind of damage due to negligence or intentional damage, the claims for the same will be rejected.

All items are subject to a flat 10% depreciation charges

"Handset of equivalent value and similar specification will be given in case of total loss, theft and burglary."

So for a handset like Mi3 what replacement would I get? Micromax Nitro :p

I rather get cash instead of an handset that's forced on me...

The police stations usually avoid FIR, as it's add to number of cases that are unsolved. The process for claim is really long.

We all know the law, I would like to know real user experiences. Anyone who has actually tried filling a FIR for lost phone? Without any contacts ?

We all know the law, I would like to know real user experiences. Anyone who has actually tried filling a FIR for lost phone? Without any contacts ?

Not possible for a lost phone. Tried when my brother lost his phone and they only gave us a DDR. Especially the 48hrs deadline will be very difficult to meet because even for a DDR they made me run around for a week.

FIR is impossible in my town for such small cases. Tried in three scenarios and in one scenario took the case to DCP. At the end had to be satisfied with complaint registration only (Even DCP tried to reason out with me, though unofficially). Result was that when time came for police verification of my passport, had to pay 1000/- as chai-paani instead of standard 200. IIC in a short conversation with me kept on pointing towards the past incident.
Let's not talk about law, rather implement-ability of the law that is in question.
I think Syska is very much aware about it and knows that this is another avenue where people are likely to forego their right to claim in many cases because of FIR hassle.

Unless you have contacts they will throw you out of the door. Period.

FIR is impossible in my town for such small cases. Tried in three scenarios and in one scenario took the case to DCP. At the end had to be satisfied with complaint registration only (Even DCP tried to reason out with me, though unofficially). Result was that when time came for police verification of my passport, had to pay 1000/- as chai-paani instead of standard 200. IIC in a short conversation with me kept on pointing towards the past incident.
Let's not talk about law, rather implement-ability of the law that is in question.
I think Syska is very much aware about it and knows that this is another avenue where people are likely to forego their right to claim in many cases because of FIR hassle.
I once tried to file an FIR for a lost id card, they flat out said FIR is only for murder. I didn't bother discussing law with them.

i know zilch about the IPC or indian laws. but if one looks at the semantics then an FIR cannot be lodged for a lost mobile... because it's a non-cognizable offence. in fact, it's not even an offence but the negligence of the owner.

police stations are known to file a complaint for such issues (lost Ids, mobiles etc) where one needs to submit the proof of loss to other institutions. an FIR is not applicable/appropriate here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back