CPU/Mobo System Booting issues

Decius

Adept
Hi

I am facing problems with booting of my system for past 2 days now. Whenever I boot the system, it never boots up at first time. Most of times it powers down/shuts off at POST screen. Then after repeated booting attempts it boots up and runs fine. I have tried swapping RAMs, trying 1 stick at a time but that did not help. I have checked my system temperature too and it is also fine. What issue it could be??

I am also attaching a screenshot of Coretemp

TIA.

My config:

AMD Athlon II X3 440

ASUS M4A78LT-M-LE

Tacens Supero 500W PSU

1 TB WD HDD

2 x 2 gb Corsair XMS3 1666 RAM .

Attachments

• CoreTemp-Scr.png
    CoreTemp-Scr.png
    18 KB · Views: 91
I had a similar problem long back and the culprit turned out to be the power supply.

So as rightly said by vivek try booting with a different PSU. If it still persists then try using spare RAM modules.

Do finally post if it was soved & what was the issue.
<

yep i too had a similar problem recently... due to which my processor went faulty kept overheating had to rma it, mother board also got destroyed rmaed it and finally found psu was faulty and changed it

I arranged for a spare PSU and used that in my rig and it seems to be booting fine now. I will test it for a couple of days and if all goes ok then will give my PSU for RMA.

I arranged for a spare PSU and used that in my rig and it seems to be booting fine now. I will test it for a couple of days and if all goes ok then will give my PSU for RMA.

Well that's good, your problem is almost solved.
<

I hope you didn't try to restart your PC too many times as it could have damaged other components as well.

Bumping up this old thread again.

I have run into same issues again. Last time I had gotten my PSU RMAed but now it is out of warranty. I am not sure how major the fault is with PSU but once the system boots it keeps on running fine for long hours without a glitch.

Can the PSUs be repaired??

I wouldn't take a chance with a repaired PSU. If its giving problems get a new one IMO.

Since you don't have a very high end system you don't need to get a very high end PSU. An entry level PSU from a good company like Seasonic should do fine even if you upgrade your system in future (assuming you aren't into gaming and don't require a high end card).

I wouldn't take a chance with a repaired PSU. If its giving problems get a new one IMO.

Since you don't have a very high end system you don't need to get a very high end PSU. An entry level PSU from a good company like Seasonic should do fine even if you upgrade your system in future (assuming you aren't into gaming and don't require a high end card).

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am not into gaming and I wont require high end card now or in future. What would youu think the Corsair VS450 looks ok?? or should I look for even lower end PSU from Cooler Master (CM350) etc .

This one http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-mast...RN6T&ref=0ee979ad-f852-44c3-8627-4b104f277da9

Generally its best to get the highest PSU you can afford. So if its the VS450 then get that.

I have a 450W PSU and now I wish to get a AMD 7790 GPU which will push my PSU to its limits in taxing games. Not a good thing but I don't want to get a new PSU now.

Back