system files?

Uh-Oh

Disciple
Okay, so one day a while back i was an idiot and un-installed some stuff i consiered uselss...at that time i dind't care...now i realize how much ir eally did get rid of...got rid of calculator, some dvd options, bruning abilities, and some api's apparently.... :(

so i got back into windows to re-install these features....add/remove programs>>>add/remove a windows component... i try to install the accesceries and utilities, and it says i need the disk 2 of XP proffesional SP2..thing is, i'm running XP Medai center 2005 XP2....and when i put disk 2 or one in, it can't find the missing files on either.....

so i'm thinking can't i just go to windows update and egt them??

i click the update icon, and it opens IE and goes to the page, but then it says that it couldn't do it right and it doesn't check for updates.....however my computer still does download automatic updates...........

for starters though, i would really like to know how to fix my burning problem, becouse i want to burn the vista rc1 iso file to a disk so i can install it and all......

any help would be great!

did u try inserting cd1.
it must be showing a message insert windows xp media center 2005 SP 2cd while the 2nd cd contains only winxp plus and mce components, the first cd contains apps like calculator.(basically the first cd is same as xp pro sp2)

yes, i tried inserting both disc one and disc two, and the update update disk that came with it (since its media edition)....from what i can tell, i need the service pack 2 file.....but since its already installed, i can't get it off of microsoft update......anyone know where i can get servcie pack 2?

u can download sp2 directly from here .

its better to do a reinstallation of windows its easier and is the solution to almost every problem with it :)

is there a way for me to re-install windows without having to re-install every program on my computer? (its fairly new so its not much...still takes time though + updating them all...)........

i have a 300gig hard drive of which 270gb is in the partition for windows...30gb is free space.......if i turned that into a "swap/storage" sapce could i move all the game files there and then just transfer them over again later? or is it better to just re-install the whole thing?

alright, i'm just ganna burn any impoertant files toa dvd (4.7gb) disk and then move em on after the re-install.......thnx for the help anyways :p

Back