CPU/Mobo System making too much noise on booting, then is back to normal

TheBroker

Skilled
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my desktop PC. When I start the PC, it makes a lot of noise till Windows is loading. Once I start work on Windows, within 5-10 minutes, the noise goes. Never does it get noisy again, even when the PC is being used continously for several hours ( doing basic work like browsing, email, working on Microsoft Office).

I'm at a fail why this is happening. I've tried cleaning the fans, but to no avail. Please help me.

My system specs are

Processor - Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz Clarkdale 32nm Technology

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-S2 (Socket 1156)

OS - Windows 7 ultimate - 64 bit

Hard Drive - 977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)

RAM - 2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

from what I understand of hardware inside the PC, its the fan making the noise.

is there anything I can do to detect the problem? I'm a newbie to solving hardware issues.

It is normal. That access noise in the beginning, cause the drivers have not kicked in, and fans whirr at full RPM.

No worries.

May be It is a heating problem. Install CPUID HWmonitor and check the Temp. Post the results here.

Will do that and post results.

It is normal. That access noise in the beginning, cause the drivers have not kicked in, and fans whirr at full RPM.

No worries.

It never made such a noise when I assembled the PC. Its exactly been a year since I bought it on 24-02-11

and if u have a GPU.. it might be the GPU fans that are making the huge fuss and its pretty normal as asigh has mentioned

Nope, no graphic card attached for now.

I think it's a BIOS setting, the fans have been set to an aggressive mode or something. Load default settings for your BIOS and report back.

Sorry guys, got tied up with work. Thanks a lot for your replies.

May be It is a heating problem. Install CPUID HWmonitor and check the Temp. Post the results here.
Hardware monitor ITE IT87

Voltage 0 1.01 Volts [0x3F] (CPU VCORE)

Voltage 1 1.58 Volts [0x63] (VIN1)

Voltage 2 3.44 Volts [0xD7] (+3.3V)

Voltage 3 5.03 Volts [0xBB] (+5V)

Voltage 5 -12.61 Volts [0xC5] (-12V)

Voltage 7 3.60 Volts [0x86] (+5V VCCH)

Voltage 8 3.10 Volts [0xC2] (VBAT)

Temperature 1 26°C (78°F) [0x1A] (TMPIN1)

Temperature 2 31°C (87°F) [0x1F] (TMPIN2)

Fan 0 1570 RPM [0x1AE] (FANIN0)

Fan PWM 0 0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM0)

Fan PWM 1 0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM1)

Fan PWM 2 0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM2)

Register space LPC, base address = 0x0290

Here's another screenshot from SpeedFan

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think it's a BIOS setting, the fans have been set to an aggressive mode or something. Load default settings for your BIOS and report back.

I will do that

Back