Tab in the house

hatter

Skilled
For now only pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's a review sample so please don't ask for damages :)
PS: Is it only me or has uploading image on the web become a PIA? With N8 pics similar thing happened. Upload failed on Imageshack several times.

hatter said:
PS: Is it only me or has uploading image on the web become a PIA? With N8 pics similar thing happened. Upload failed on Imageshack several times.
Cool pics. Did you try imgur.com for image uploads?

Initial impressions:

1- Screen is good but I like Super AMOLED of Galaxy S more.

2- The Tab plays 1080P even with a high bitrate of over 15mbps perfectly alright.

3- It's fast and there are no Galaxy S like lags

4- Samsung has customized Froyo for its Tab a lot. And it's a good thing

5- Even after all the customization, Froyo pales in front of iOS that powers iPad. It's clear Froyo is not the OS for tablet.

6- Build quality is good and even though it's all plastic, it feels solid. As well slippery (glossy plastic)

7- Samsung in its press con said you can put it in your back pocket. Well, I don't see how.

More later

hatter said:
Initial impressions:

5- Even after all the customization, Froyo pales in front of iOS that powers iPad. It's clear Froyo is not the OS for tablet.
That right there is the biggest problem with Android based tablets. All those manufacturers are doing what they did with Windows when it came to PCs. They are trying to stuff the same OS into all the devices. No wonder Froyo is not a 100% for tablets, because it was not meant to be put on tablets. Maybe Gingerbread and above will have better customizations and maybe separate builds specially for tablets a la Ubuntu.

Good job with your initial impressions. Do give us a full review.

My review is live. Sorry that I can't post full text here. Most of it is for mainstream users so some of you may feel it's too basic. Of course, if you need more details, ask here in this thread

The strengths of Tab are open world of Android, multitasking, portability and features that allow it to function as a phone, as a GPS unit, or as a portable computing device. It can do it all, albeit sometimes it huffs and puffs in the process. iPad has limited use. But whatever it does, it does with a flourish... For end users, it all boils down to what they value more. Portability and features or polish and perfection. If you care for the first two, you will find Tab to your liking.

Battle of tablets: Galaxy Tab vs iPad : Technology : Javed Anwer : TOI Blogs

Back