Tablet Buying Advice

benryu

Adept
Looking to buy a tab for my sister. Will be used mainly for reading, internet, music and movies. Expandable memory is a must. First preference for branded ones.

We havent decided on the budget but it most probably will be around 10k.

I looked at the Asus MeMo Pad and it seems to be quite good but not sure where i can buy it.

Asus MeMo Pad is available in Flipkart and ebay.in.
Why not the Galaxy Tab 2 wifi version? you should be able to get it for 9k

She doesnt live in a metro. I am not sure there is wifi there so might want 3g/2g facility. How is the Asus fonepad?[DOUBLEPOST=1371375659][/DOUBLEPOST]need one with sim facility. How is the iBerry Auxus core x4?

Well, she can have WiFi in her home if she wants, provided she has a broadband connection and a router at home. WiFi is not a large area network like cellular(2g/3g/4g)

I know that too. But it would be better if the tab had sim facility. She stays in a hostel so not sure she can get a broadband connection.

If its just her room then a wifi router that accepts a 3g dongle will give you more choice with tabs that do not take sim cards. You don't have to tie yourself to tabs that accept sim card. Second, a router can be placed near a window for best reception and spread its wifi signal in the room or even other rooms.

Though, personally i think a tab that can take a sim card will be more useful ie portable in the long run.

Don't bother with OTG as its quite unwieldy, if it takes a 32/64GB micro sd card then much better. bea rin mind that it isn't easy to move apps over from main memory to the sd card, so you need to plan a minimum of at least 8-16GB on the tab itself. Anything less is not worth it.

just buy a TPLINK 3g router and take a 3g connection. but check the compatibility of the dongles in the manufactures website before making your purchase....

Back