Other Tablet / E-Reader around 100$

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys
I am an occasional reader and would like to buy an e-reader instead of buying books and maintaining a shelf.
So, I was wondering which is the best VFM e-Reader under 100$(Will import from US, cousin is coming in dec.)
I am looking at Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight, Kobo Touch, Kindle (Basic) Nook Simple Touch, but I am unable to decide it. Will mostly buy it around Thanksgiving mostly, if not in another 5 days.
Also is it better to get in India instead of from US? Or will International warranty be applicable..
I just need a trouble free device which doesnt strain eyes and allows me to read books for 6-8hrs at a stretch on weekends.

Get the Kindle Paperwhite. Or if u want really really light weight the Nook Glowlight. Ignore the rest please.

And preferably get the library membership also. Worth it. I have a prime for a year.

Ok. Will check deals. Hopefully during thanksgiving. They will be dropped to around 80$
EDIT : Found this 75$
Do you think I Should go for it or should I wait till thanksgiving?
I already placed bids on 2 other listings. Will know in 3 days time

Last edited:
if you are interested, a member here wishes to sell his Paperwhite, about 3 months old.

P.S. - saw one kindle Fire (previous gen) on sale too.

If reading just ebooks then Kindle Paperwhite is a great purchase. You may consider the Nook Glowlight too if the price is right.

If you consume more than just books, like magazines and comics, then look at Nook HD+ or Nook HD tablets depending on screen size preference. (9" v/s 7" respectively)

Ok. Will check
Nook HD+ is around 120$ but it is good enough. I think even kindle fire HD is about same price.
But I don't wanna strain my eyes much, and so looking at e-ink displays as of now.

Guys, I just happened to look at Black Friday deal leaks and SUrface RT will be available at 199$ for 32GB
Do you think I should extend my budget and go for it? Or is there any other 9 or 10" in the same budget, worth considering

Back