Budget 21-30k Tablet for Father - Pls advise timely

One may/may not like iOS / iPad OS for what it has or hasn’t vis-a-vis android - and thats a personal preference which I respect.

However stating that the lifecycle is short is objectively incorrect.

Support lifecycle of devices is a parameter where they fare drastically better than android .
Add the relatively faster processors they use as against a comparably priced android tab - and its almost a given that most new buyers will derive a much longer usable life from an iPad than an android tab

I feel Apple product has much more longevity both as a hardware and software support but they seem to be limiting it purposely .
As for Android it still is slight better in regards to pushing to app compatibility with older devices and more important it does not cost much in terms of Apple product so that covers it well.

Anyways honestly I dont have much to add my experience is very limited also which I have mentioned too. Just thought will give a personal opinion .

Lenovo tabs are utter garbage. I would definitely recommend a Tab S6 lite though, but the pen feature will be wasted. It is a great little tablet for media consumption.

Like @rdst_1 said, after using Android IOS can feel restrictive. Especially so for the slightly older users.

Just so you know, I use a lot of tablets for and at my work. I have two Galaxy Tabs, Two iPads (Pro and Air), and two Lenovo Tabs. The Lenovos are by far the worst! Falling behind even the older Tab A7 from Samsung.

There’s the new Tab A8, but it has a unisoc processor, about which I have no clue. So, taking it for a test run in a nearby Samsung store might give you an idea.

Last edited:
Lenovo tabs are utter garbage. I would definitely recommend a Tab S6 lite though, but the pen feature will be wasted. It is a great little tablet for media consumption.

Like @rdst_1 said, after using Android IOS can feel restrictive. Especially so for the slightly older users.

Just so you know, I use a lot of tablets for and at my work. I have two Galaxy Tabs, Two iPads (Pro and Air), and two Lenovo Tabs. The Lenovos are by far the worst! Falling behind even the older Tab A7 from Samsung.
I have been in market to buy a new tab and been researching lately and reading reviews and I do agree about lenovo read many complains from owners about some of the Lenovo Tabs .

Realme Pad has got good reviews so not all these chinese companies are subpar. Some of them do give good stuff with high specs for good price.

Last edited:
I have been in market to buy a new tab and been researching lately and reading reviews and I do agree about lenovo read many complains from owners about some of the Lenovo Tabs .

Realme Pad has got good reviews so not all these chinese companies are subpar. Some of them do give good stuff with high specs for good price.
I have no problem with real me. And with a little bit of assistance anyone can easily debloat those tabs.

I have used one very briefly (after debloating), and the overall experience felt better than Mi stuff. I just remembered after having read your post.

As for Lenovo, it is not just the update issue, their software is not at all well optimised. I do not know why they go to such lengths to make the experience worse than regular android.

They might as well save the effort and just stick vanilla android.

You know, lot of these companies pay for +ve reviews.

You know, lot of these companies pay for +ve reviews.
I generally go through Youtube comments and videos also and slickdeals comments . They are much more helpful and mostly genuine.

I try to read comments at these sites more than just one website reviews say like Amazon/bestbuy/flipkart etc for a particular product and then come to overall conclusion.

Back