Tablet Under 10k

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Tablet but i don't need any High end ones, Just need for watching Movies/Youtube & surfing Internet & Playing Angry Birds :clap:

I've Looked on Ebay there are a lot of them which makes selections harder :huh:

My Requirements

CPU : Minimum 700Mhz (I don't feel the point in own anything lower than that, 1 GHz will be awesome.)

Support for 3d Graphics (Else whats the use)

RAM: Minimum 256MB (although I want 512MB)

Storage: Expandable 16/ 32GB

3g Support: Not Necessary but a Plus

WiFi: Compulsory

Camera: Not Necessary but a Front Camera is a Plus

Resolution: The Higher the better but 800×480 is i think standard for tablets

Screen size: any where from 5" to 10"

Battery Life: Should last atleast 10 hours

Warranty: 1 Year Dealer / Manufacturer

anything else will be added later... Thank in advance for your help.

Perhaps chinese maal like ePad or aPad would come in the budget. What i can confirm is this heats up as hell. Highly not recommended.

Any tablet under 10k will be a Chinese toy that will be super irritating to use and own. Probability of it going kaput is really high. Plus, there is no service for it as well.

Get a used netbook or a new Samsung N148 for ~ 14k. In any case, you are willing to spend 13k on the above, add 1k and get a better product.

It won't be a tablet but you'll get the work done and also have peace of mind.

^ thats the reason i cancelled out HCL ME, the rest of the features are good enough but the resistive screen is a problem

How much would a second hand IPad 16GB Wifi cost ?

aasimenator said:
is a second hand Galaxy Tab around 15K????
I don't think so... The Galaxy Tab retails for ~ 24k. A 2nd hand in good condition can easily sell for 17k or so as it has Android and is more flexible than iOS.

Get my almost new Nook Color :D

http://www.techenclave.com/phones-and-gadgets/nook-color-brand-new-187213.html

See the avi's great review linked to my first post.

Believe me any tablet under 10K will be waste of money. Chinese tablets will give you horrible battery backup (2-3 hours max), hardware is unreliable and dealer warranty is nothing. And don't forget the resistive screen!! You can get a Archos 70 - but import duty and shipping would be costly. Not promoting my sale - but there is no tablet right now in the range of 250$ better than Nook Color. The Archos 70 is cheaper but NC has better resolution. Don't get a Archos Home tablet.

See this thread for more details:

A Non-Authoritative Android Tablet Buying List: What to Get, What to Avoid

So, if you don't have the money right now - I'd advise you to wait and get a proper tablet with good build quality, battery life and community support. This advise comes from someone who has burned his hands at it :( .

u can consider hcl tablet newer resistive aint that bad plus they are very responsive.....or else better as the OP suggested get samsung n-148 battery back is good (atom) and also will get the job done only issue is that it wont play angry birds...:p

Back