Tablet Under 10k

Get the Nook colour. Comes to about $265 including tax. It can be hacked to run CM7 . i got mine a few days back and am really enjoying it . Best tablet for the price !!

Wait and increase your budget to at least 17-18k,and try to get a used tab.If watching movies is one of the major criteria,you wont be happy with NC.

red dragon said:
Wait and increase your budget to at least 17-18k,and try to get a used tab.If watching movies is one of the major criteria,you wont be happy with NC.
Absolutely and if Galaxy Tab WiFi is launching here (assuming) since its launching in US on 10th then u can get new one for around same price.

The samsung galaxy TAB (original) was released at almost the same time worldwide including India, so I hope the trend would continue with the WiFi version

red dragon said:
Any particular reason why you won't recommend Nook?

Well to me, i use one sub $100 tablet bought from aftermarket in te forums, it got everything and its really smooth in build quality and functionality so far, only the battery backup is 2 hours, what else you can expect from Rs5000, 1Ghz cpu makes everything play generously fast. If it runs smooth for next 6 months all its value is achieved and i can go for tegra based tablets of any brand when it comes cheap in 6 months.

^^ Yes, the Sylvania Tablet that you are mentioning is way better in build quality than the average chinese tablets. Everything about it is good except the battery life - but as you said it's too much to expect from a 5K tablet which runs a 1GHz proccy.

OT

BTW did you see that 2.2 has been ported to the Sylvania Tablet? See XDA or Androidtablets.net.

Exactly, best of the breed in sub-branded, and now its getting updated to 2.2 i just checked and there was update available :D

I have installed CM7 RC4 build in my NC, will let you know guys about video playback soon.

I strongly guess it is improved.

OK I will no longer be replying to this thread.... I am looking to import a new one from outside India, Hopefully my uncle can bring it within this month... Please check my new thread & suggest me a good Tablet.

Will update with a link. " Link"

I also would like to tell you guys not to undermine Chinese devices so much, They are the reasons we have apple Ipad's & other tablets, they were the once who designed & built them way before IPad Launched. They are the center for all Electronics Markets.. Check Your Ipads/ Iphones / ITab they all are either Assembled in China or Made in China...

I've Seen Chinese Tablets Running Windows 7 on Intel Atom based Tablet.

Back