Tablet under 12k

agefreak

Disciple
Hi

I want to buy a Tablet under 12k. Basically, I'm looking at ultra low-cost options like iBall Slide, Beetel Magiq and Mercury mTab.

1. Which one should I go for? I am a little averse to resistive touchscreens, but if there are any users here who have had good experiences with the same, I'd like to hear about it :)

2. The Mercury mTab looks like an amazing piece of hardware for its price.... Any pointers to where I can check it out and buy? The purchase shall be done at Delhi.

3. Is there any other viable option, if I stretch my budget by 2k max??

4. What about supremely cheap chinese tabs available on ebay? :p

Pls help!! Looking to purchase within this week... Thanks a ton! :)

^ My bad! Mixed up the specs.. :p
If the LCD is decent enough, it still makes a great media tablet for the price. HDMI, 1080p support FTW!
As an android tablet, the resistive screen will definitely affect usability in games and browser.
The 10in is more balanced and still better specced than the competition but we need some reviews.

@agefreak Why don't you try to get a HP touchpad. For 12-14k this tablet is unbeatable and Android port is not far away. Even with webos the tab is amazing. There is one sealed up for sale in Market section, go grab it.

HP Touchpad is a good one, but there are lot of better options. The touchpad is bulky, sluggish on webOS. I feel that my chinese GPad is better than my touchpad. I can't comment on how it would on Android, but on WebOS, i feel very sad. I might also put my touchpad for sale sometime this week.

Hmm... I was avoiding the touchpad coz of the OS... I've heard it's pretty sluggish. An android port sounds good, but since I have to buy this for someone who's not that much into technology n stuff, it'll be of no use :(

@tech4pk... how do you find your chinese GPad? I'm a little skeptical, but if all's smooth, I might just choose to save a few bucks and go for it :)

@All... does anyone know if the Mercury mTab is actually available in the market? There's a lot of hype over it on the internet, but I'm yet to see a retailer stocking it.. (or even knowing about it :p)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

HCL ME X1 sounds cool btw... need to check that out... Launched today!!

How about the Reliance 3g pad ? It has android already so no need of porting and all

Havent read its reviews but it costs around 13k or less than that

@princeoo7... naah... i'll pass :) I like to keep my tabs firmly on the ground ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any pointers to where I can purchase MSI Enjoy 7?

Back