Tabs at 30 grands?

ariendj

The Doctor
Adept
Im looking at options for tabs below the range of 30k.

Usage
  • note taking.
  • note and document viewing.
  • movies once a while.
  • gaming hardly.
  • backup of atleast a whole day with moderate usage.
  • wifi must
  • 3g not nessesary but i guess most will have at this range.
  • OTG support would be a plus
  • no particular OS preference but need to fulfill usage

the Note 8.0 looks like the best bet for my requirements.

where is the cheapest deal for the samsung galaxy note 5100?

With note taking, you mean manual note taking with a stylus or typing in the words?

If it's typing then choose the ipad.It has a superior inbuilt keyboard which will enable you to take seamless notes.

With note taking, you mean manual note taking with a stylus or typing in the words?

If it's typing then choose the ipad.It has a superior inbuilt keyboard which will enable you to take seamless notes.

I think the OP is talking about Note taking with a stylus and even if it is with keyboard then Android has many 3rd party keyboards which can work far better than iPad's inbuilt Keyboard and if a person is spending 30K on a tab then he can surely spend $10 on a Keyboard app from Playstore.
Just my $0.02

Im looking at options for tabs below the range of 30k.

Usage
  • note taking.
  • note and document viewing.
  • movies once a while.
  • gaming hardly.
  • backup of atleast a whole day with moderate usage.
  • wifi must
  • 3g not nessesary but i guess most will have at this range.
  • OTG support would be a plus
  • no particular OS preference but need to fulfill usage
what screen size you are looking at?

I think the OP is talking about Note taking with a stylus and even if it is with keyboard then Android has many 3rd party keyboards which can work far better than iPad's inbuilt Keyboard and if a person is spending 30K on a tab then he can surely spend $10 on a Keyboard app from Playstore.
Just my $0.02

The external keyboard is a big PITA to carry. The Op's requirement resembles mine and i have gone through a hell lot of 3rd party android keyboards to give judgement that ios has a hell lot of a better, responsive and lag free text input than any android keyboard out there.

Just my 0.2 cents + experience.

A full 10 inch display would allow you to type with two hands simultaneously. It would give more of a feeling of a fully fledged physical keyboard.

A full 10 inch display would allow you to type with two hands simultaneously. It would give more of a feeling of a fully fledged physical keyboard.
Disagree. Have you tried typing on a 10 inch display?

It feels awkward as you don't know how to angle your angle your fingers or rest your palm or angle the screen. It takes a lot of time to get used to it. Infact I find it a lot easier to just hold the tab in portrait (like a phone) (despite how stupid it makes me look) and type with my thumbs. Often I use Swype to save the hands the trouble of adjusting.

// Asus Transformer Infinity user.

Disagree. Have you tried typing on a 10 inch display?

It feels awkward as you don't know how to angle your angle your fingers or rest your palm or angle the screen. It takes a lot of time to get used to it. Infact I find it a lot easier to just hold the tab in portrait (like a phone) (despite how stupid it makes me look) and type with my thumbs. Often I use Swype to save the hands the trouble of adjusting.

// Asus Transformer Infinity user.

Typing it now lol.

Try typing on a 10 inch ipad and then on a mini. The fact that you get to type with both hands replicating the feel of a physical keyboard feels much better. It is even better when u use the smart cover to slightly slant the angle of the ipad.

Typing on a mini and my nexus is a bit of a awkward proposition especially while doing long emails. I do not get to rest my hands on the table.

Tablets owned ipad 1,2,3. Nexus 7 , tab 2 p3100 and note 10.1

I kinda am mate. For me, it has totally replaced my pc in terms of my computing needs. The core needs of browsing and checking mails is done on my ipad everyday. Nowadays i only use my pc as a download machine and even watch my media on the Ipad itself using airvideo.

My typing work only consists of emails and a few other things as i still use my PC for doing major productivity work. I am not much into portable games but the ipad and the nexus handle them pretty well. I always get surprised with the quality of games available to the consumer at this moment.

Typing it now lol.

Try typing on a 10 inch ipad and then on a mini. The fact that you get to type with both hands replicating the feel of a physical keyboard feels much better. It is even better when u use the smart cover to slightly slant the angle of the ipad.

Typing on a mini and my nexus is a bit of a awkward proposition especially while doing long emails. I do not get to rest my hands on the table.

Tablets owned ipad 1,2,3. Nexus 7 , tab 2 p3100 and note 10.1

Tried the iPad 2 full on screen keyboard, couldn't adjust to that either. Smart covers are useful as they atleast lock the positioning of the tablet in a fixed position and gives you a position to attack the keyboard with your fingers, but still leaves your palm rather awkward.

I have not used a Mini but from my N7 usage, I enjoyed holding it in portrait and using my thumbs to type like I were typing on my phone.

I guess we will just have to beg to differ :p

I have used both iPad and Samsung Note. Though the typing in landscape mode does not differ much (if the sizes are same) the productivity depends upon the apps you use. You would get more free apps in Android than Apple. Just surf through your need before making the purchase and also see some of the youtube videos for the usage of the apps. That would help you. I simply brought HP transformer which gets converted to Tablet / Laptop depending upon how I want to use :)

Back