User Guides Tag Your Mp3s Properly Using Winamp & Mediamonkey

A lot of People Asked about the right way to Tag an MP3 album in My Last guide.

So Today I decided To Share My Method of Tagging with everybody :)

Please Note :

• Tagging an Album in my method takes at least 10 minutes.If you don't care about Tags that much, stick to your fast tagging Method
  • The mp3 album used in this guide is encoded from my own CD.I Do NOT Condone music piracy.if you like any music buy it.Artists deserve support (now where have i heard that before !!) :)
  • Reason I Use Mediamonkey Because i believe no other Tagger , free/paid cant even begin to compete with its flexibility

Stuff We Need -

• images

Click to Download
  • images

Click to Download

• MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3]( v2.0 2008-03-29 ) for Mediamonkey - Click to download From Mediafire
  • The Mp3 album (duh!) :)

Lets Begin -

• Install winamp , Mediamonkey and finally the MusicBrainz Tagger (Just click on it)
  • first we are going to tag them with winamp.the Reason I Use Winamp is it Gives very Precise Genres.
  • drag and drop your mp3 files in winamp
  • Select all files in playlist and right click > Send to > Auto Tag

SAKhs.png

• Winamp searches For the Tag..

sPErS.png

• ... and Finally Finds it.check if everything is okay Click Apply Changes,And Close Winamp

JXFIW.png

• Fire up Mediamonkey
  • Using The Folder tree On the Left Side,Locate Your Album

up0Xv.png

• Press Ctrl+A to Select all and The CTRL+L to Launch the Auto-tagger From Web.

Click On options and then Musicbrainz tagger

3ODV7.png

• Mediamonkey Will search for Matches and the finally Display the Results

(The Score Denotes The Percentage of Match between existing tags of ur mp3s and that of Musicbrainz Database)

nIo33.png

• Tick the fields as shown,and Click Auto Tag Button at bottom
  • Done!! Only Thing Left is to rename the folder & the filename :)
  • Close The Auto tagger,Press ctrl+R to bring up The "Auto organize files" dialogue box

TgrJg.png

• Click Configure and use the placeholders (the ">>" Button) to suit the folder structure to ur liking (or you Can just follow Mine :))

zvbej.png

Press OK and OK & we are Finished :clap:

I Will be Glad If this n00b tut could be of any help to my Fellow TEians.

As Always,If U Like The Post, Please Press The Like Button.I Accept Reps too :eek:hyeah:

I never cared about manually tagging my music collection as it is a painful process...now this is something new I have to try..thanks buddy..

Nice guide....

teja92 said:
Great guide..

Thanks..

I used to Manually Edit files using Zune/MP3Tag... This is good..
Same here, using MP3Tag, except for the regional music, i use the tags from the net.

surya_neo said:
I never cared about manually tagging my music collection as it is a painful process...now this is something new I have to try..thanks buddy..

before never used to tag either, just seperated directories for each album. now I keep my music tagged completely. easier to find + looks good on media centre

con·done/kənˈdōn/Verb

1. Accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

2. Approve or sanction (something), esp. with reluctance.

So "I Do NOT Condone music piracy" Means "I do Not Approve or sanction Piracy" :)

Every time I click on the MusicBrainz tagger in Options in MediaMonkey, it searches for a while and soon goes Not Responding.

I tried putting a single file and using the MusicBrainz tagger with same result.

Without the tagger, MediaMonkey is able to search tags when number of files is low.

I think I'll just stop being lazy and manually tag my collection.

kestrel5915 said:
Every time I click on the MusicBrainz tagger in Options in MediaMonkey, it searches for a while and soon goes Not Responding.

I tried putting a single file and using the MusicBrainz tagger with same result.

Without the tagger, MediaMonkey is able to search tags when number of files is low.

I think I'll just stop being lazy and manually tag my collection.
Strange..it Never Happened With Me...Did u try Uninstall and reinstall??

rajeshjsl said:
use tagrunner instead , its better , uses more than 15 various mp3 tag sites to acquire tag info ..

TagRunner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads
Aint it Paidware?

I think the best application that I have come across is the Magic Mp3 Tagger but its a paid app.

I'll try using TagRunner.

Winamp does a decent job of tagging but it messes up sometimes but that much inaccuracy is expected in an automated app.

vivek.krishnan said:
Nice guide....

Same here, using MP3Tag, except for the regional music, i use the tags from the net.

I tried using this yesterday but it takes some time to connect and fetch the info. I use MP3Tag to Convert Tags/Filenames and Tag MP3s from Amazon/Musicbrainz. Same goes for album art. And all that under 1 minute.

^^ TuneUp is a Piece of S**t . If there is no data it just does a google image search and returns the first few results and also the tagging was no so reliable......

Back