Task Manager cannot be opened!

riturajnitk

Disciple
hi guyzz..
i m facing some probs with mine OS win xp.whenever i started the task manager and run command msconfig.. as soon as its windows opened ..it closes instantly..
what this probs could be..i have scanned comp with kasperskey (updated).nothing found
help me

hey u can use the stinger av to scan ur comp for virus cos i faced the same problem a few weeks ago and there were some viri in my system 32 folder so it was totally gone case it really works stinger or anything better if u know but then i would suggest stinger cos its sys clean is very effective the latest one upraded for 52 viri and trojan so try it out

Try AVG+ZoneAlarmPro+Adaware.....But i think installation will be a problem,since the virus has already infected ur PC......IF u can't install it at ur own PC....Get the disk scanned and cleaned from ur friend's PC....

this is not a virus dude . you have mishandled windows either reapir windows or re install the OS because this is not a virus attack . sweet n simple

zipzapzipper said:
this is not a virus dude . you have mishandled windows either reapir windows or re install the OS because this is not a virus attack . sweet n simple

ITS ALL BS.. dude its just VIRUS problem use a proper a/v or use STINGER as that guy have mentioned.

2ndly dont go by that shit idea of using everything avg along with other a/v, coz tht wont help u but more fcuk ur system.

If no virus found or stinger not able to clean and solve ur prob do a clean format, I MEAN CLEAN FORMAT NTFS (QUICK NTFS) and reinstall ur windows, and install ur normal appz carefully and just keep an eye on each appz u install and see if ne of da software installation is screwing ur system if tht is then be carefull next time and get / redload tht software's new fresh version.

2ndly HAVE U INSTALLED NE THEME OR UXTHEME PATCH OR SOMETHING?
coz sometimes tht patch too has some spyware/virus which screws up ur sysem BADLY and its 1st symptoom is it DISABLES ur task manager. AM sure abt this coz this is my personal experience.

Njoy and keep ur comp HEALTHY.

Back