TATA DOCOMO launches GPRS plans! *Update: Unlimited plan removed!

TATA DOCOMO

Disciple
We can now announce that the long wait has finally ended. That’s right, TATA DOCOMO has launched another innovative offer in the country, Unlimited GPRS plans. Unlimited GPRS plans will be introduced in two packages.

The first package will be the ‘Rs. 15 GPRS Pack’. This is a pre paid pack wherein a customer can recharge with Rs.15, and thereafter the customer will be allowed to access unlimited data for next 3 days by selecting Docomo internet APN on their handsets. The second package will be the ‘Rs. 95 GPRS Pack’. In this pack, the customer can recharge with Rs. 95, and thereafter the customer will be allowed to access unlimited data for the next 30 days. These packages will be applicable to TATADOCOMO home and roaming network only.

For further information please visit the Unlimited GPRS URL: GPRS Edge FAQs

is this just for surfing wap sites on the phone or does is support full fledged sites and tethering like vodafone mobile connect and airtel mobile office.

^ Full-fledged. Supports tethering too.

This is as good as it gets! I hope other operators follow suit soon or number portability speeds up like crazy!

Anish said:
^ Full-fledged. Supports tethering too.

This is as good as it gets! I hope other operators follow suit soon or number portability speeds up like crazy!

Isn't number portability shelved till December this year ?

So if this is unlimited and if i connect to internet using tethering, any downloads done using the connection is not counted... right? 95 Bucks.. wtf :O

Can someone please get the 3 day plan and provide feedback. Even if you get 150-200kbps it's simply awesome given that it's unlimited and only 95 bucks. It could very well become an alternative to 256kbps plans, for general browsing purposes.

Back