TATA INDICOM frequent disconnection:: Any solutions?

viplav

Disciple
hi dere,
i use a TATAindicom(TATA communication or what ever name they come up with) connection, it is simple, i just put wire in my PC and 'aila' it works(yes it truly works for me that way)
But problem starts when i have to use it for long hours-downloading;)
I keep my PC on in hope that by the time i am back its done, but mostly connection is lost just few hours down the line.

My question is:
do you know any utility which will help me to reconnect the disconnected connection without human interference so that when i am back from office i have a new movie ready to be server ;)
:mad:

i think the ur lan card is having some problem bcause this kind of thing also happened to me in the past as i used to think that there might me a problem in the internet conn. my isp's cust exec helped me out in solving this problem. except me all the internet conn. in my area was working well but only mine was a problem so they told me to try changing my lan card and after that my net is working fantastically well. I hope this will work. if not than ask me again so that i could help u out in any other way....

dragon_unleash said:
i think the ur lan card is having some problem bcause this kind of thing also happened to me in the past as i used to think that there might me a problem in the internet conn. my isp's cust exec helped me out in solving this problem. except me all the internet conn. in my area was working well but only mine was a problem so they told me to try changing my lan card and after that my net is working fantastically well. I hope this will work. if not than ask me again so that i could help u out in any other way....

Eh ? Its because these tata indicom ppl have a web based login that expires after a certain interval. Its a javascript probe web login. Even i have the same problem :mad:

Only if someone could help us make a curl script through which it would login automatically without any issues.

aah i'd love to have something like that as well :D

i just login and close the page. has lasted some 15 hours before power went off. had to relogin then.

octave said:
I keep msn or steam client on. That prevents the timeout after a few minutes.

Thats not a solution to it though :p

We want a script that detects a disconnection, something that can login automatically without any user input.

well i m on Reliance and they have same web based login system . My sessoion timed out after every 2 hours .

I am using HTML script which relogin me automatically.

If you guys want I can upload it here. But you need to change the web address and other details in script.

Thanx

I have Tata Indicom and I face the same problem. I keep some torrents for downloading overnight and find in the morning that the net was disconnected just after 1-2 hours after I went to sleep (logs in uTorrent are handy :) ) and I wasted my 2 mbps downloads for 6 hours!!! :mad:
So after experimenting and searching for the cause of the problem, I found out that if we disabled the LAN connection and enabled it again, then the connection would be re-established (assuming that login timeout has not occured meanwhile). Now everytime the net got disconnected, I used to manually restart the LAN which was tedious and boring. So I thought to make a schedule task using a batch file.
Some googling on the net, I found out a program to do this from the command prompt : Devcon
I searched for the name of my LAN device and wrote a batch file:
Code:
echo OFF
echo ==================*==================
echo RESTARTING LAN... PLEASE WAIT!!!
devcon disable "*NVNET*"
devcon enable "*NVNET*"
echo LAN RESTARTED...
Here *NVNET* is the search string for my onboard LAN
{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}\NVNET_DEV07DC\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
which I found out using this command:
devcon findall *
after this I found out that my LAN device is somethingNVNETsomething:
devcon find *NVNET*
and used this in the batch file (kept in same directory as Devcon.
e.g. C:\Temp\DevCon\i386\RestartLAN.bat
Then I set up a schedule task for running this batch file every 15 minutes after 1 at night till 8 AM...
This can be only used if u r downloading from torrents and not for HTTP downloads!!! :no:
This frequent restarting enables me to download throughout the night. For me, now rarely the connection is disconnected using this method...
If this solves your problem, well and good... else we have to find another solution for you... ;)

Back