Tata Indicom implements caps on Unlimited plans.

Got a call from tata Indicom today wherein he explained me:

TCISL Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP)

The evolving internet broadband scenario in India necessitates the management of limited high-speed bandwidth and network resources in the larger interests of Customers. In line with the practice followed by major international Internet Service Providers and in its continuous endeavor to provide best possible Broadband Internet experience to all its customers, TCISL adopts a Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP) with an intent to ensure that the excessive bandwidth usage by a small segment of customers does not impact service quality for a large set of customers.

TCISL FUP is applicable to all existing and future unlimited plans offered by TCISL unless specifically withdrawn at the discretion of TCISL. Taking into consideration the maximum reasonable usage required by the average user, Tata Indicom Broadband has established a monthly data transfer threshold (Fair Usage Limit) for the various unlimited tariff plans as given below:

I generally download ~55gb/month on my 256kbps connection, as per new rule I can only download 45gb :mad:

Read More

Data transfer in excess of Fair Usage Limit as per the applicable tariff plan shall be treated as a violation of TCISL FUP.

Upon such violation of FUP, TCISL shall contact the Customer suggesting for reduction in usage or upgrade to a higher bandwidth plan.

Despite the above, if the customer fails to upgrade to a high speed plan or continue to violate the TCISL FUP, TCISL reserves the right to suspend or terminate the customer’s account immediately without prejudice to other rights available to TCISL under these Terms and Conditions.

WHAT!!!

this is blasphemy..

thank god im not on tata indicom

yeah that limit is not on download only it's download+upload :mad: that make my this month stats =100gb

And as per them it should be 22.5down and 22.5upload.

Bloody Monie leechers :mad:

47Shailesh said:
I generally download ~55gb/month on my 256mbps connection, as per new rule I can only download 45gb :mad:

:O :O u have a 256mbps connection:|

Hope BSNL doesn't introduce CAP.Whats happening with ISP's in India :mad: :mad:

its a good time for some sane ISP to capture market...now they dont have to give increased speed at lower rates just being unlimited would get them large number of users...

by the way i havent received the call from them...looks like BSNL EvDo for me...can someone in Bangalore help me get one please

Tata has that FUP in place since more than 2 months now. My frnds wingy still downloads what he used to download and he hasnt heard a call from Tata in all these days.

Its just a way to intimidate customers to make sure some stay in limit.

Thats why they came up with the lame idea to stop your connection instead of cutting the speed to half.

Lol......the day they give the FUP crap....i ll give em FUP(F*** U Policy)

TATA has removed 256kbps unltd connection for new users in my area atleast.

Data transfer in excess of Fair Usage Limit as per the applicable tariff plan shall be treated as a violation of TCISL FUP.

Upon such violation of FUP, TCISL shall contact the Customer suggesting for reduction in usage or upgrade to a higher bandwidth plan.

Despite the above, if the customer fails to upgrade to a high speed plan or continue to violate the TCISL FUP, TCISL reserves the right to suspend or terminate the customer’s account immediately without prejudice to other rights available to TCISL under these Terms and Conditions.

i am in tata 512 unlimited..so after 80gb limit i reach,i download more will this be a voilation? and they can cut my line off if i keep repeating?
i am pretty confused..in airtel once you reach the limit i thought your speed becomes less,but here in tata they will disconnect your line or what?is this what they mean...please can anyone clear it out

I am a tata indicom 256 so called now unlimited user in Pune and they have imposed a cap of 45 GB on 256 lines and this includes uploads as well i think this policy sucks big time because what the hell for power users like us whose machine is on 24x7 i download 2GB's of data each day and i upload about 1.6 GB data each day that makes my usage about 3.6 GB's per day as per shitty policy my account will get scrapped in 12 days.What the hell!!!. I think this isp situation in india is the best scenario for these guys blackmailing us to shell out more money. Also for me Ratan tata is a biggest hypocrite he speaks of corporate clean governance on one hand and blackmails his customers on other hand i am not gonna use any tata brands from now.Also i think tata users should forward complains to TRAI regarding this policy because they should have changed the names of their plans.

Back