Tata Indicom Port Forwarding

4dh1r

Adept
Hi Folks,

I have a Tata Indicom 2mbps+NUL plan with a LAN cable coming into my house (no routers etc) which I connect to my onboard LAN. I want to forward my port no 55555 (for uTorrent) so that it can accept incoming connections. My IP changes each time I log in. Currently I get a Yellow Triangle or Red Circle (sometimes) in uTorrent and from the statistics I see that incoming connections is 0 and all my seeding takes place due to handshake connections...
I had read on TE some time back that some of you peeps had called up customer care of TI and asked them to forward your ports and they had asked for a written request for that.

So, I called up the TI CC guys and asked them to forward my port. They didn't understand what is meant by port forwarding, but nevertheless they logged a call for that. But that was pending for some time and got closed eventually as I could not explain what them what I exactly needed...
Now, can someone please tell me what should I exactly say to these guyz so that I can enable port forwarding on my Comp?

Also, If anyone has the mail they had written for the port forwarding request, please send the contents to me...

even i would like to know how to do this though i have a linksys wrt54g router. anyways i advice you to try bitcomet. i get 220kbps speed using that. utorrent just doesnt work.

dont think u can do it manually ...there was a post long ago where they make u write a letter stating that they r not responsible for consequences n stuff n then they unblock the ports..nonetheless get 200 to 250 speed on a well seeded torrent so thts not too much of an issue!!

dharmilstar said:
anyways i advice you to try bitcomet. i get 220kbps speed using that. utorrent just doesnt work.
SunnyBoi said:
ports are blocked, but i still get full speed and enough seeds.
I get full 2mbps download and 512kbps uploads with uTorrent. Speed is not the issue here... The problem is that If I am not downloading any torrent, I cannot upload any torrent since there won't be any handshakes!!!

Also if the torrents that I seed have 5 leechers and none of them are able to connect to me, I cannot seed properly and the leechers eventually leave out due to poor seeding :(
joelf15 said:
dont think u can do it manually ...there was a post long ago where they make u write a letter stating that they r not responsible for consequences n stuff n then they unblock the ports..nonetheless get 200 to 250 speed on a well seeded torrent so thts not too much of an issue!!

That's what I posted in my main post... :bleh:

I just want to know how do I explain them what is to be done!!! :ashamed:

Back