TataIndicom Broadband Fraud

boom_shanker

Disciple
i have been using da tataindicom broadband connection for some time now and have tht night plan activated(9 to 9)..with 2mbps speed

i had just got mypack renewed 1month ago which had given me 180hrs to surf and 3 month validity..now my account is in minus...????

after toking to da customer care..they say ive used up all my hours..and the last time i logged in was yest at 2pm till 4pm...well considering the fact im at work evryday from 9-7..and thr is no1 in my house to acess it..seems kinda funny'..after numerous calls..they say it was my ip only which had been using it..
i have wifi installed..and change my pass evry week...i dont know wats wrng here,,

yet still i am forced to buy a renewl pack again..

ne1 else facing the same probs??

check the account usage page which will have all time time log stored as to when u used the internet and the corresponding charges for the same

see if ur account was used when ure sure uve not used it

its either that someone else used your account which is probable if u didnt change the default password or you didnt activate the night plan

if u did activate it, see if u got charged for night usage in which case you can show the same to them and get your hours back

Check your logs and ensure that you have not been charged for night time usage . They do reverse charges incurred at that time ( if any ) , Other than that i think someone got lucky to use ur id/pass ?

rapt0r said:
Check your logs and ensure that you have not been charged for night time usage . They do reverse charges incurred at that time ( if any ) , Other than that i think someone got lucky to use ur id/pass ?

i chkd my logs..no charge for the night usage....
it shows usage for the time i wasnt even in town..wtf>>
i guess somebody got my pass...
good time for a full anti-virus scan now...

Rave said:
check the account usage page which will have all time time log stored as to when u used the internet and the corresponding charges for the same

see if ur account was used when ure sure uve not used it

its either that someone else used your account which is probable if u didnt change the default password or you didnt activate the night plan

if u did activate it, see if u got charged for night usage in which case you can show the same to them and get your hours back

sigh...i guess the only logical answer i have left is..somebody got my pass to my wifi network...ive already chkd my logs....
damn dat b******...hmm..ok better me more carefull now..need a stronger 20 alpha numeric password now...

ya if u on comp and someone used wifi is sensible...but being out u kept wifi on????is your comp some server or wht???

Err...another possibility no one seems to have considered. By default, if u have an adsl modem, those guys configure it so that the user/pass for the indicom connection is stored on the modem itself.

+ : it automatically connects wen u switch it on.

- : it automatically connects wen u switch it on.

so once u switch it on, it logs you in n that usage is counted even if you are not USING it :p

Indicom counts it as active if ur modem is on. Cos this 8is a time based connection plan, NOT usage based.

So if left it on wen u went to office, the money got deducted for that :p

So usage is not actual net usage, but turning a modem on? ROFL yeah right.

Someone probably cracked your WEP keys..

My advise would be that if you are on a Adsl modem and a wifi router just switch on the modem when you want to use the net otherwise *physically* switch if off... You can leave the wifi on as most Wifi routers dont have a built in on/on switches...

lol, its not about wifi or adsl modem trust me

just tell me what ur tataindicombroadband account is and ill tell u its password, their database security is sh1t and someone probably got hold of ur userid, and since its 2mbps plan, kept using it till u were out of balance

Party Monger said:
what security do u use on wifi??
when u were out, did u leave the wifi router on??

i didnt leave it on...its power is connected to my tv and all so mom must hae left it on

Rave said:
lol, its not about wifi or adsl modem trust me
just tell me what ur tataindicombroadband account is and ill tell u its password, their database security is sh1t and someone probably got hold of ur userid, and since its 2mbps plan, kept using it till u were out of balance

since now u tell me tht there security i sit..ive chaged my pass to a much better and strong one this time..

Switch said:
My advise would be that if you are on a Adsl modem and a wifi router just switch on the modem when you want to use the net otherwise *physically* switch if off... You can leave the wifi on as most Wifi routers dont have a built in on/on switches...

yea will do that no..had to explain to my mom what it was..(belive me.no a easy job)

techie_007 said:
Err...another possibility no one seems to have considered. By default, if u have an adsl modem, those guys configure it so that the user/pass for the indicom connection is stored on the modem itself.

+ : it automatically connects wen u switch it on.

- : it automatically connects wen u switch it on.

so once u switch it on, it logs you in n that usage is counted even if you are not USING it :p

Indicom counts it as active if ur modem is on. Cos this 8is a time based connection plan, NOT usage based.

So if left it on wen u went to office, the money got deducted for that :p

u do have a very good point there..

djmykey said:
Enable WEP and change its passphrase. Assign a very very complex one and then check.

i do have WEP enabled.got a new and complex pass now

magnet said:
ya if u on comp and someone used wifi is sensible...but being out u kept wifi on????is your comp some server or wht???

no ..no server...what i can think is mom left the switch on without knowing wht it was..have xplained it to her..should not happen now

Seed said:
So usage is not actual net usage, but turning a modem on? ROFL yeah right.

Someone probably cracked your WEP keys..

i dont know..maybe somebody cracked it..mom left the wtich on when i wasnt in town...what the hell....have taken care of it now..this time it can happen...hopefully

Back