TataSky or Airtel DTH

That I don't know. It's a bundle package which includes prine, hotstar, zee, sony, eros and others for 300. So I am already expecting it to be the lowest one, the one just above mobile plan.
Anyways, will ask him next month when we call him for installation.

So got it installed on Saturday. It is definitely an improvement over my previous cable tv services. Even SD content is upscaled to a decent level. And OTT is also a blessing. Tata has worked on the overall UX and it is good except for minor hiccups when browsing or opening apps. Maybe hardware is a limitation here.
Also their app is super convenient to use. Any channel from a la carte is activated within 15 seconds. Gives as overall update on daily amount deducted.
Happy with the purchase. Wished it also had Netflix but then it would be asking too much for ₹299.

So got it installed on Saturday. It is definitely an improvement over my previous cable tv services. Even SD content is upscaled to a decent level. And OTT is also a blessing. Tata has worked on the overall UX and it is good except for minor hiccups when browsing or opening apps. Maybe hardware is a limitation here.
Also their app is super convenient to use. Any channel from a la carte is activated within 15 seconds. Gives as overall update on daily amount deducted.
Happy with the purchase. Wished it also had Netflix but then it would be asking too much for ₹299.

Are all ott apps premium like hotstar or lower priced ones ?

1) Disable animations from develeper options and may be limit the background process to 3 for faster performance.
2) Use Rave App to Play Netflix.

Are all ott apps premium like hotstar or lower priced ones ?
It's all bundled under 299 plan on a monthly basis so can't categorise on that. Also, the viewing is restricted to only tv and not on any other devices as found under Super and Premium category.
Nevertheless, the quality is 1080p so based on this category alone, I would put it at Super. Didn't see any movie or show, so cannot comment on the ads.
@MadAxe

Regarding premium on others like Sony LIV, no, it's not. It was asking for subscription to view premium content.
1) Disable animations from develeper options and may be limit the background process to 3 for faster performance.
2) Use Rave App to Play Netflix.
Will those settings remain after I restart the box? Also do you keep the box on or off from the mains supply after you are done watching TV? My cable operator told me to keep the box on from the mains as the company (Hathway) pushes update needed for smooth functioning.

Last edited:
It's all bundled under 299 plan on a monthly basis so can't categorise on that. Also, the viewing is restricted to only tv and not on any other devices as found under Super and Premium category.
Nevertheless, the quality is 1080p so based on this category alone, I would put it at Super. Didn't see any movie or show, so cannot comment on the ads.
@MadAxe

Regarding premium on others like Sony LIV, no, it's not. It was asking for subscription to view premium content.

Will those settings remain after I restart the box? Also do you keep the box on or off from the mains supply after you are done watching TV? My cable operator told me to keep the box on from the mains as the company (Hathway) pushes update needed for smooth functioning.
Yes. Settings will remain intact even after restart. I keep the setop box connected to power supply as it goes to power saving mode after some time and even idle power consumption is not much.

Does the Hotstar(from Tatasky under Ru 299) show live sports events? I was searching through but didn't find any live event. Or are there two different version of HS, one for TS and other for actual members who pay 1400/year for VIP plan.

You'll have issues when there's rain outside but Tata sky is far superior and much better quality than Airtel DTH. Don't think a lot and get it, there's no way you'll regret it.

Back