Video TataSky-renewing service after long dormancy!

ariendj

The Doctor
Adept
i had tatasky SD(MPEG2) 2 years back.used it for few months and never used later.

i do have the smart card with me.i would like to know if its possible to restart the service.
i believe tatasky is converting all boxes to MPEG4.
what would be the extra cost involved?
do i have to change the dish?

a pretty novice doubt!
i have a LED full HD tv, Is it advisable to go for the HD settop box or SD version?is there comparable increment in PQ between the two on a HD tv?

PS:i might not be using the HD channels at the moment!

Get the hd box. It already receives signals in mpeg4 and you will get to use hdmi output to your TV. Watching via analog on a led will bleed your eyes. Its too blurry.
I think TataSky is increasing quality of all sd channels. Many channels in sd like discovery science, etc have become clearer now compared to what they were few months back.

Upgrade to HD For Rs.1800 and to Reactivate the connection they might charge some amount of Rs.10? and there is a HD access fee of 100 Rupees or something on SD plan.

thanks all, for the help.
i called up tatasky and they gave me an offer to upgrade to HD for just 990. and reactivation of my old connection at Rs.10
anyways i had a MPEG2 box(3.5 years old) and seems this is a good offer.
should give a thumbs up to the tatasky service for prompt action.[DOUBLEPOST=1379769894][/DOUBLEPOST]il be getting the installation next week,but a quick doubt before finalizing on HD or HD+
went through the tatasky site and saw that the HD+ installation contains dual cables.
is the dual cables both coaxial cables?

Last edited:
Back