I tested all and at last took Airtel DTh

Its just great

teja92 said:
Get Airtel

Tata Sky Picture Quality is just not as good as Airtel

I tested all and at last took Airtel DTh

Its just great
+!

got a live demo of tatasky and airtel at reliance digital and tatasky was not worth it.

their charges are too high.

im getting decent signal on airtel HD dth so far.

i have not subscribed to HD channels but i dont find any need to do so.

anyways, will get Nat Geo HD subscription for a month (costs 18bucks per month) and will see if i can really differentiate between the quality from regular sitting position.

Sylar said:
I want to buy a d2h Connection ,, i hav a 40 Inch LCD..
plz suggest which one shud i go for ... ty ....
Seeking suggestions from here will not be much of a help for you. Its all about what you like. There are scores of reviews on net for people haveing their own liking for all sortza brands. Use good quality hardware and work on the best software configuration, you may get what you want from any box.

Compare the packages and go for the one which suits your needs :) at least cost. TS would however be expensive if you're going for alot of channels. If all you're interested is sports and football especially, then take DishTV it comes with all the sports channels(including ten action+) at a very cheap price. I havent tried out Airtel d2h but TS's really good. Their customer service has been excellent so far..

I am using Tata Sky HD. Its better to go for HD since you have a LCD TV. Haven t had any issues till now. If you watch lot of Discovery or NGC or sports go for it. Also the new tata sky packages seem to be quite good. Have a look at them and decide.

Maybe you forgot Dish Tv try to get a demo of them as well. For big screen TVs none provide sufficient picture quality , fast moving scenes always get pixeleted irrespective of the brand of DTH you choose. The picture difference is negligible , service is excellent for TATA Sky and Dish Tv but can't vouch for others. Dish is cost effective but with Tata sky you get channels like TCM and Lumiere movies and others.To add I would say Tata sky is the costliest of all. So go to a dealer find yourself what you need. We will always have our personal views which may not suit your needs. So it is best to check out yourself.

I was kinda without net fr some days , I have Bought a new 32 Inch LCD Samsung ,

Now plz Suggest me some Gud HD connection, I hate Airtel's Responce time and The Light Blue Screen Which Comes on Channels U have Not Subscribed ,.

Thanking u all

I too vote for Airtel as it has a remote control can learn any remote codes & one single remote can handle the TV also+ Resume facility after power failure, but few channels like NHK, DW, KBS are not there in Aitel. So using a Dish TV also for these particular channels:)

I've had both TataSky (~3years) & Airtel (~1year going strong currently). I can tell you that there is not much of a difference in PQ/SQ between them - both are very good. I used to hate that TataSky volume control - very low range - you invariably had to use TV's remote. Airtel remote on the other hand is very good. Response time issue on Airtel are exaggerated IMO.

In short I would recommend both (slight edge for Airtel). Base your decision on channel availability/price.

IMO Vdocon DTH the switching time is as long as a pee break ;-)
tata and Airtel good quality and latest channels / services but be ready to face their ever changing policies and always ncreasing charges...
Dish TV: good old fella but slow on catching on with other.... best in service though...
DD DTH: kaha gaya no body knows...
Wait till the world cup starts....
U may get some exciting offer on the HD D2H like a annual package free or something...
I am too waiting for the same...

I have used reliance BIG TV, TataSky and Airtel and Airtel beats both of them hands down on every aspect other than Customer care :p That is pretty much like the Mobile service CC

guys... here is the catch.. the STB provided with Airtel normal DTH does not have a component out, which means that you will not get a good picture clarity for LCD's. Where as Reliance, Sun DTH and tata sky does have the component output.. and i guess thats where the price difference comes in.

Ppl choose Airtel cos of less initial investment and good customer service and meets the purpose of watching TV (CRT), if you really want a good picture quality for LCD you obviously got to go for STB with component output...

Secondly the HD STB's are not 1080P output rather its 1080i... Again there is a difference between the two. 1080P has the best picture clarity and none of the channels telecast in 1080P.

Its all your call.. i would vote of Tatasky and Airtel.
Reliance, Sun DTH sucks.. you really dont have any customer support in there...

Back