TE Chat Room ?

Nixy

Adept
Just saw another forum which was also running vBulletin and had a 'chat box'.....so was wondering...

Isnt it possible to add a chat room on TE :huh::huh:

It would be nice. :)

Has been discussed several times. Search the feedback section for similar threads and why it was shot down.

If you mean by shoutbox then it's a bad idea mate. Since so many people would be online all we would see is "Hi.... Helloooo"

If you meant chat room then that might be a good idea :)

Renegade said:
Has been discussed several times. Search the feedback section for similar threads and why it was shot down.

because we can only suggest & talk about it, while the decision is in someone else's hands who merely cares ??

malhotraraul said:
because we can only suggest & talk about it, while the decision is in someone else's hands who merely cares ??
Then you have not been following TE long enough. Did you even bother to read why it was not taken up and who said what.

I havent read previous threads, but IMO shoutbox or Chat room would kill forums. All the people would be discussing everything related-unreleated to Tech in the Chatroom instead of posting in the relevant threads/sections (Tech-section/General talk).

So i doubt if it would work out.

Renegade said:
Then you have not been following TE long enough. Did you even bother to read why it was not taken up and who said what.

more than a year is long enough, who wants war anyways, not me, so let be the way it is ?

How about an IRC channel? Not many people will make the effort of actually logging in, and that will leave us with a handful (many handfuls actually :p) of people who can talk about whatever they want.

A shoutbox that is visible to all will just be filled with "hello" and "hi".

Back